My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Father's Day to all! I spent part of my Father's Day trying out a new toy, the Leinbach 7200 Jr post hole digger. Went with this one because of size, cost, and that it's made in N. Carolina. I never used one of these before so I didn't know what to expect. the first thing I did was screw it into the ground up to it's eyeballs. I could have anchored the titanic with how tight it was in the ground. It's a 12" auger.

A couple of tries later and I can start digging some footing holes. Yeah!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice! I thought about getting one but the ground up here has alot of rocks 6"+. your ground is abit more sandy,i'd need down presure! good luck.

·
Registered
311 Posts
the pd15 is too small honestly for the deere tractor, i could get a pd15/20 model and run something insane like a 36" for putting in plants.... yet id never take this big tractor on a site to do a few plants.. and we dont ever have jobs yet that require big trees put in where id have enough room anyway. The deere lifts something behind the end links like 2500lbs.. the simplicity does ~500 but i know its capable of at least 650lbs maybe even 700lbs. For the simplicity to not even budge the 15" auger out of the hole says something... and for the deere tractor to squat on its rear tires like i just lifted up my 1400lb weight box PLUS another 500lbs is just a retarted amount of force required to pull it back up out of the 3-4' deep hole.

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
randy,

Thanks for the update and post. :)

ramair,

I don't know what to say! :sidelaugh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts