My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm a Cub guy looking at possibly switching to a Simplicity Legacy. I've seen some used ones around that look to be in pretty good shape.. I'm not up on Simplicity values (have been looking through the forums, though)..

How well do these hold their value? I'm looking for one with a mower and FEL. I've seen both what I think are early 02-03 Legacys with FEL's (and joysticks attached to the FEL) and the newer XL models with the joysticks on the tractor dash.

There is a local one which I believe is an '03 with FEL, blade, 20HP Kaw, and 200 or so hours.. The asking price is between 6-7K. Decent priced? Overpriced?

Any other tips you could give me to look for would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Scott

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
They are cheap if not 4x4. The xl is the one to have. I had a regular one with a 25hp kohler ran great high hours. I picked it up for 1500 and spent an hour tinkering and a hour cleaning it up and sold it for 2650 with the deck. By me they list for 2K-4500. And just keep listing the high priced ones.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... Just wondering about this deal.. It's from a dealer, I told them I'd come to pick it up on Sat and they're holding it for me. Havent given final payment yet.. It's a '08 with very low hours (under 90), XL, 27HP Kaw liquid cooled, not 4x4, comes with the triple bagger, 60" deck, and 60" hydraulic angle blade. It looks almost brand new. $6890 including tax. Considering it's coming from a dealer, is that a decent price, or can I do better?

Many thanks again!
Scott

·
Super Moderator
16,356 Posts
$6,890 is a very fair Price for a 08 with the deck and Dozer Blade.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I think from a dealer standing behind it thats reasonable. Private party its a 4500 to 5k tractor in my area with the blade, maybe 5500... But I am more of a sovereign guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts