My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little dog loves going out in the field after dark and in the early morning to jump rabbits. I like to keep up with her but it is difficult with a little rocket.
I found a great collar that lights up or flashes. Makes it easy to keep track of her after dark. Ive charged it initially then 1X after 15 or so outings. Uses a mini-USB phone charger-not included.

She loves it when I grab it and presents her neck to get it put on knowing what it means. I really love this thing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07M9R9HSR/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1#immersive-view_1552441731296

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
Steve, good news for you, you can keep track of your dog. Bad news for your dog - the rabbits will see him coming. Good news for the rabbits -yup, they can see him coming. Bad news for the rabbits; now they need sunglasses to cut the glare!:tango_face_devil:
MikeC

·
Premium Member
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve, good news for you, you can keep track of your dog. Bad news for your dog - the rabbits will see him coming. Good news for the rabbits -yup, they can see him coming. Bad news for the rabbits; now they need sunglasses to cut the glare!:tango_face_devil:
MikeC
The other morning we went out and we both saw a rabbit at the same time, dog ran right up to it before it even tried to run. We had that moment where the dog was in that "Well, I caught it, now what do I do?" Thankfully the rabbit started running.

·
5,556 Posts
My deceased springer mix Rocky once actually caught a rabbit in our yard during daylight. That old springer creeps up slowly his hunt on full and then he leaps on top of the rabbit. Well I instantly knew Rocky had no kill the rabbit in his brain, he takes his front paws and starts to thump the rabbit on the head. After a few minutes the rabbit escapes and runs and my boy Rocky actually was fast enough to catch the rabbit a 2nd and a 2nd time the rabbit gets a head thumping. Finally the rabbit escapes and makes a mad dash for the field fence. He hits the fence and bounces back and then makes a mad dash straight for Rocky and about ten feet away realizes what he is doing u-turns and takes off the fence for the 2nd time and makes it thru the fence.

For years I called Rocky the rabbit thumper. :tango_face_devil:

·
Premium Member
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My deceased springer mix Rocky once actually caught a rabbit in our yard during daylight. That old springer creeps up slowly his hunt on full and then he leaps on top of the rabbit. Well I instantly knew Rocky had no kill the rabbit in his brain, he takes his front paws and starts to thump the rabbit on the head. After a few minutes the rabbit escapes and runs and my boy Rocky actually was fast enough to catch the rabbit a 2nd and a 2nd time the rabbit gets a head thumping. Finally the rabbit escapes and makes a mad dash for the field fence. He hits the fence and bounces back and then makes a mad dash straight for Rocky and about ten feet away realizes what he is doing u-turns and takes off the fence for the 2nd time and makes it thru the fence.

For years I called Rocky the rabbit thumper. :tango_face_devil:
Lol. When my dog plays with people or other dogs she'll run up and slap them with her paw. I didn't notice if she did this with the rabbit. "TAG, you're it!" :tango_face_grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts