My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
MTF Poster
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, after 4 years of dedicated service its time for me and the X540 to part ways. With the possibility of moving to a larger piece of land this fall I was able to talk the wife into me needing a larger tractor with a loader. Found an X595 with decent hours at a dealer about 3 hours away. has a 62" deck, and a 47" snow blower already with it. Found that they also had a 45 loader on an X575 in their inventory that they were able to add to the deal along with the limited cat 1 3 point and a few other accessories. Great dealership to work with..... better then the one 5 minutes away from my house. Gave me a great trade in for my current setup to where I'm basically paying $2800 for the used loader plus the price of the 3 point and some extra weights. Loading up Friday night and heading west around 5am Saturday morning so I can make the trade as soon as they open. I'll post some pics of all the action this weekend. Not sure which I'm more excited about.... Joining the Diesel club or finally being able to post picks to the X4/5/7 attachment Pic thread:thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
31,653 Posts
Congrats on the X595, your going to love it and with a 45 it makes it that much better.:trink39::trink39:

Looking forward to seeing the pics. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
372 Posts
you will love the x595 there is one thing I would do to it after you get it home. and that is fill the back tires full of fluid it will make it more stable on hills mowing side ways and with the loader you will need the extra weight to keep you on the ground :thThumbsU

·
Jerry
1,194 Posts
Congratulations on your new "X". Looking forward to the pics. :congrats:

BTW I like your catchy thread title! :sidelaugh

·
MTF Poster
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, this is going to be a long week of waiting...

you will love the x595 there is one thing I would do to it after you get it home. and that is fill the back tires full of fluid it will make it more stable on hills mowing side ways and with the loader you will need the extra weight to keep you on the ground :thThumbsU
Totally agree on filling the tires. My salesman mentioned it to me this morning when we working out the details. They're gonna fill the rear tires with rim guard for me for $100. Not sure what the going rate is but it didn't sound like a bad deal. As hilly as my current property is, I'll probably take the loader off for mowing anyway.

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,432 Posts
Nice find, enjoy your X595!!!

·
TE Forum Contributor
408 Posts
They're gonna fill the rear tires with rim guard for me for $100. Not sure what the going rate is but it didn't sound like a bad deal. As hilly as my current property is, I'll probably take the loader off for mowing anyway.
I got mine done for about the same price about 1 1/2 years ago. That included putting on new tires and putting metal valve stems on them so it'll hold up to the Rim Guard.

BTW, congrats on the new setup and don't forget the pics! :)

·
That Guy
1,162 Posts
That is awesome. I know a few of us are rather jealous... lol.

·
MTF Poster
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got mine done for about the same price about 1 1/2 years ago. That included putting on new tires and putting metal valve stems on them so it'll hold up to the Rim Guard.

BTW, congrats on the new setup and don't forget the pics! :)
Thanks for the info. I figured as straight as this dealer seems to be that they wouldn't be over charging me by too much.

Looks like you've got a nice set of R4's on your machine. I may go with some sort of bar tread design after I run the HDAP's down a little further

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Congrats and enjoy the ride. Don't forget to grease the top ujoint on the drive shaft. The ease one to get too is the lower shaft going to the rear end. IIRC the top drive shaft goes to the front axle. Reach up and wiggle the top drive shaft and check that the ujoint is ok before leaving the dealer. slkpk

·
Super Moderator
16,690 Posts
Welcome to the Garden tractor Loader Owners Club:thThumbsU
Now Make sure they Install the Hydrostatic relief Valve If it doesn't Have One already On the X595 and If You have any 45 Loader question feel free to ask

·
MTF Poster
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats and enjoy the ride. Don't forget to grease the top ujoint on the drive shaft. The ease one to get too is the lower shaft going to the rear end. IIRC the top drive shaft goes to the front axle. Reach up and wiggle the top drive shaft and check that the ujoint is ok before leaving the dealer. slkpk
Thanks for the good advice. Even though everyone I've talked to about this deal seems to be honest and fair I plan on doing as good an inspection as possible before my old tractor comes off the trailer and I load the new one up:fing32:

Welcome to the Garden tractor Loader Owners Club:thThumbsU
Now Make sure they Install the Hydrostatic relief Valve If it doesn't Have One already On the X595 and If You have any 45 Loader question feel free to ask
Thanks, The salesman mentioned that. Although I guess as a cost savings for them, he said they'd take the relief valve off the X575 that the loader is coming from and put it on my X595. I'm guessing I wont have issues with a used relief valve. Thoughts???

·
Registered
375 Posts
Congrats and subscibed!

·
Super Moderator
16,690 Posts
Thanks for the good advice. Even though everyone I've talked to about this deal seems to be honest and fair I plan on doing as good an inspection as possible before my old tractor comes off the trailer and I load the new one up:fing32:

Thanks, The salesman mentioned that. Although I guess as a cost savings for them, he said they'd take the relief valve off the X575 that the loader is coming from and put it on my X595. I'm guessing I wont have issues with a used relief valve. Thoughts???
The Valve should Be fine.:thThumbsU Are You Going to Have a Rear PTO Installed or does it come with one already?

·
MTF Poster
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Valve should Be fine.:thThumbsU Are You Going to Have a Rear PTO Installed or does it come with one already?
No, not yet. Sounds crazy I know. :dunno: I grew up on a horse farm and have been around tractors all my life. It almost seems sacrilegious to have a 3 point machine without the PTO, but that's what I'm going with for now. I know I'll be kicking my self later for not just pulling the trigger on it. I'm sure if I do it later ill end up installing it myself. Definitely don't trust the local dealer to take care of it. I just don't need it this year. I'm not working the gardens this year and it depends on where I'm at next year weather I'll be tilling or plowing. Plus I need to save some cash for a bigger trailer now. :thThumbsU

1 - 20 of 32 Posts