My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have my RER 12hp and I found out that the gas cap vent does work and also that it will make the mower not work.
Also that it wont start if left in gear, just some small things you learn as you use your RER but this thing is great, 1 thing is that when I first got it it would go into reverse easy now I have to hold it there but I will figure that out this winter when I put a 12hp I/C Briggs on it, right now it has a plain 12 hp aluminum cylinder 12hp briggs.
By the way the Bolens is the same as a M1 Abrams tank, I drailed a train with it and snuck away with out getting caught but it was close, they did not believe the train conductor when he said he was hit by a Bolens.

·
Member 800 post club !!
953 Posts
That model of Snapper will not lock in reverse, you must hold it in reverse. No problem with the mower. I had one for years and years, cut like a champ. I now have a brand new one, still love them. Only complaint is the mow in reverse mechanism on the new one.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See I just learned more, Thanks.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, it was a real train Burlington Pacific railroad was not happy. :)

·
Member 800 post club !!
953 Posts
I believe it was a safety issue for mowing in reverse, you must hold it in reverse to mow in reverse or back up.

·
Registered
524 Posts
It will actually stay in reverse after the clutch is let all the way out, but will pop out once the clutch is depressed. Of course, 99.9% of the time you're not in reverse long enough to know this. On Snappers that I had I always took a grinder and lopped off the "zig-zag" part of the shift detent so it was a straight shot from the forward gears to reverse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts