My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive always wanted a tractair as I know they are now fairly rare. Me and My father picked one up a couple days ago and have added it to the project line up. I mean who could say no for $300. At that price I had to make sure a scrapper wasnt going to get it. Does anybody on here know anything about the le roi tractair ta125 as far as the best place to get parts and which engine parts will cross up with an allis chalmers? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Its going to at least need sleeves and rings but likely bearings and valve work as well. For anyone that is unfirmiliar with these they are quite a site to see. they have a 6 cylinder. the first 4 cylinders are the engine and the back 2 are an air compressor. Im also likely going to need an air tank at some point as mine is missing if anybody knows where there is an original one

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Nice save from the scrap man! :thThumbsU

I don't know much about the Le Roi tractors.

Here's some info from a quick search:

TractorData.com Le Roi 125 Tractair tractor information

Person to contact that may have more info to help you:

Contact Ed Malcom, "The Le Roi Man" at: 39 Malcom Lane, Pineville, MO 64856; (479) 903-3005; (417) 226-4865 (evenings); [email protected]

Found at this link:

Le Roi Engines - Gas Engines - Gas Engine Magazine

Manuals:

Air compressor: Leroi 125cfm Service & Operators Manual - Air Compressor | Jensales

Leroi 125 Tract Air Tractor & Air Compressor Service & Operators Manual:

Leroi 125cfm Service & Operators Manual - Air Compressor | Jensales

Air Compressor Parts:

Leroi Air Compressor Parts

Mike Metzger
Metzger Compressor & Pump Services
42660 Whitney Road
Lagrange, OH 44050

Canadian Tractor Bone Yards:

Canadian Antique Tractor Parts and Equipment Sources | Antique Tractor parts & resources for Antique Tractors and equipment in the country of Canada

LeRoi gas compressors (another contact for info/parts??):

Home | LeROI Gas Compressors

Link of interest:

LeRoi tract air 125 TA - Yesterday's Tractors (22599)

:howdy:
About finding an original air compressor tank....I would advise against a used tank, due to rusted out interior. Google images "exploded air compressor tank" to see the bloody mess a rusted out tank can make. Find a NEW tank that will fit the space/requirements needed for the tractor. :fing32:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the links. just bought the manuals. likely going to phone the "le roi man" with some questions in the coming days. Ive got the motor apart (engine head and pan off...still have to remove compressor head) and it is in rough shape but as the motor is based on a 226 allis chalmers engine. i should be able to order allis parts or move parts over from an allis donor engine (valves, pistons, bearings, rings etc).I know the rods are specific to le roi and suspect the crank and cam might be because the engine and compressor share a block. I agree about the air tank. I will likely just try and find something new or nearly new that looks original. This thing is definitely going to be a fun project as it is really wrench friendly in its design. i appreciate the links/ resources

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
No problem, keep us posted on the progress and of course pics are always appreciated! :fing32:

SD

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its going to be slow progress but progress none the less. in the process of getting tires that hold air on it so it moves around a little easier lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.