My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Another quality report, Bruce. Nice photos and well documented. Thanks!
Very good presentation. Now your LB can go snorkleing!

·
Lawn-Boys Everywhere
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Prior to buying one of these kits (thanks ES_BOB), I thought the filter cover fit over the existing carb air box. I didn't realize that a new air box sides inside the existing box.

Thanks for the kind words about the slideshow. Kind of a silly topic but I always wondered how the remote filter systems worked.

You can see by the dirt on the 10651, I use this mower all the time. It's my favorite mower.

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Nice! I saw one of those on ebay recently, or is this the one I saw on there? I thought about it, but then thought WHY do I need that? lol.

My concern would be catching it on things on that side of the handle, being on the outside. At least for me I have bushes, fences, etc I mow close to on the trim side. I could see an accident happening.

Dirt? I guess I couldn't see the dirt for the SHINE on that mower!

·
Lawn-Boys Everywhere
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My concern would be catching it on things on that side of the handle, being on the outside. At least for me I have bushes, fences, etc I mow close to on the trim side. I could see an accident happening.

I agree with this comment and would have hung the remote filter slightly differently if this was a concern in my yard. My yard is free of anything that would catch on the filter.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Looks great. I plan on installing mine on my C21ZPN. Gonna have to do some shade tree engineering to fit the Walbro carb though.

·
Lawn-Boys Everywhere
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks great. I plan on installing mine on my C21ZPN. Gonna have to do some shade tree engineering to fit the Walbro carb though.

The instructions line 4b does speak directly to your carb. The kit includes longer bolts for the Walbro application.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
The instructions line 4b does speak directly to your carb. The kit includes longer bolts for the Walbro application.

Thanks Bruce. I must have an older version because my instructions don't mention the Walbro or the longer bolts. I was going to cut off some all thread and make my own longer bolts. If anyone has an extra set of these bolts, I'd love to purchase them.

·
Lawn-Boys Everywhere
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Bruce. I must have an older version because my instructions don't mention the Walbro or the longer bolts. I was going to cut off some all thread and make my own longer bolts. If anyone has an extra set of these bolts, I'd love to purchase them.
I didn't use the long Walbro bolts from my kit. I'd be happy to mail them to you if you send me your name and address in a PM. Glad to see them put to good use by a fellow MTF member.

bruce....

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey Orangedotfever,
I was thinking the same thing in regards to the walbro carb, I always read that they didnt really work with them. I did notice however in the picture of the filter kit in the box that it reads "updated to include the die-cast aluminum carburetor" so they definitely must have different kits. Now I want one!!!!

Bruce - great tutorial and great looking mower!

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
good job:thThumbsU
it'll be ready for any kinda dust&crud out there

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I didn't use the long Walbro bolts from my kit. I'd be happy to mail them to you if you send me your name and address in a PM. Glad to see them put to good use by a fellow MTF member.

bruce....
Thanks so much Bruce. This remote filter kit is going on the same C21ZPN that you sent me the shroud emblem for. You're gonna have as many parts in it as I do. PM sent.

·
Lawn-Boys Everywhere
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You guys made me want to check a second un-installed filter that I had for one of my other boys. This second kit is part number 683024.

My first kit was part number: 683803

You can see below that the remote filter kit 683024 does not contian the Walbro bolts but all the other parts are there. Notice below how instruction 4b does not exist.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
These are cool! Thanks for posting these!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts