My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Decesaed (R.I.P.)
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you would buy a bunch of those round seals with the 4 holes in it for the integrated valves if available? I've contacted Stens about possibly producing them so people don't have to search and buy the whole valve kit every time. The seals all appear to be the same, just the valve handles are different.

What's your thoughts, would this be a good products for the aftermarket? I know I would buy a bunch of them. About every LB I've come across has needed one.

Would only a new seal fix these leaky things you think or does the whole thing need replaced every time?

Just wanting to get some feed back, thanks. These just keep being a thorn in my side every time I get an old LB with that valve type.

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Re: LB fuel vlave seal

Though I have yet to replace one, I have a few mowers that will be needing them soon. I would think just the the washer seal needs replacement. I'd like to keep a half dozen or so on hand myself. Actually, may have the time to do one today. A guy brought in a 7261 about a week ago just for this.

·
Decesaed (R.I.P.)
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I deal with a lot of Lawn-Boys. One of the main things I do is find old decrepit LB's, fix them up and sell them. It's a problem I run into so often, I can't believe these were never made individually.

I got this back from Stens this morning...

"Toby,

I will forward on to our product group to see if it is possible. Thanks for the idea.

Peter Ariens
President
Stens Corporation"

·
Registered
467 Posts

I'd love to have about 10-12 on hand at all times. It stinks to have to buy the whole setup. You're correct - these do need replaced at a high rate on the older models.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

I'd buy 8 or 10. Let us know what you find out.

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts

Never had the problem myself, but being that I have a few LB's that use that setup, I'd like to have about a half dozen on hand or more. Sounds like a good idea to me!

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Installed my first complete valve today, on a 5271. Nice little 19 inch model. Told the guy if he ever wanted to sell it, he just laughed, though I was serious! Sold the kit for $12.24. Would be nice just to replace the washer and not the whole setup.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts