My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to share my latest find. Its a 1980 8400 Commercial. Found it at a local garage sale. Here's some pics after a quick clean up, and a pic of the condition it was in when I got it. So far, I noticed it has had a new deck at some point, but the deck is in excellent shape and the model tag was switched over as well. The upper handle assembly is missing, so if anyone has a handle setup or any other parts you think I might need, please let me know. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Lawn Boys Never Die
2,049 Posts
Looks like it has the wrong air cleaner on it. I think it should be the round style and red in color. That looks like it came from a Dura Force. Good score!! How much if you don't mind me asking?? By the way I have a round red cover. You could have it for the price of shipping. :trink39:

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
very nice find!
i am on the lookout for one myself, with patience i'll have the dough i need&
it doesnt matter if its sp or not,
i wanna drop some more"air"from my spare tire lol

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
The correct upper handle would have an orange grip. I'm sure one will turn up. I have a nice dark green upper handle I'd like to get outta the garage but I don't know if that's what you want. It would work, that's all I know.

That's not a df air cleaner or carb. They are flat on the front and this one countours out like an f. It wouldn't work on an f anyhow.

The correct carb for your machine is what you mentioned. They were single speed carbs and were swapped out quite often from what I've noticed.

Nice machine!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments guys! It definitely needs some TLC, and like Dave said the correct orange handle might take some time to find, but I think its in good enough condition to fix up. I luckily have a couple parts machines for the basic stuff like drive parts & hardware, to get me started. I didnt mention before, it does somewhat run, but I think a gummed carb & bad gas are only allowing it to sputter. Probably could use a lower seal too.
Miller - you asked how much I got it for, it definitely was a score at $10! :hide:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys! It definitely needs some TLC, and like Dave said the correct orange handle might take some time to find, but I think its in good enough condition to fix up. I luckily have a couple parts machines for the basic stuff like drive parts & hardware, to get me started. I didnt mention before, it does somewhat run, but I think a gummed carb & bad gas are only allowing it to sputter. Probably could use a lower seal too.
Miller - you asked how much I got it for, it definitely was a score at $10! :hide:
try calling jack's in berwyn il. They may have it. Just a thought.

·
Lawn Boys Never Die
2,049 Posts
Call the COPS!!
Awsome deal!!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
try calling jack's in berwyn il. They may have it. Just a thought.
Thanks Dave, I did call Jack's, no such luck, sounds like he would have some smaller parts though. Like you said, one will turn up. I might have to go with a non-commercial color handle like you have if I want to get this thing up & running.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts