My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the large phillips head bolts are/were for on this deck? There's 3 of them and just have nuts on the underside. The don't hold anything on, they are just there. I've seen other machines with the same deck that don't have them.

And another issue, the drive belt idler is seized solid. The belt was so oily from the seal leaking, or the carb leaking, that it was just sliding around the pulley. Putting a new belt on it, new seals, and need a new idler pulley! Still have a bearing supply house to check, hoping they have one. Ugh, this machine had turned into a lot of work to get back to working again. It's so lightly used too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Looks nice. Was thinking the holes were for an engine guard, but I don't see a guard in the parts diagrams, nor an internal baffle.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
These decks were used on multiple mowers. Orange tank models had the big guard on them. These holes were used to mount the guard. On suburbans that didnt use the guard they used a Phillips head bolt with a nut on the end...

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These decks were used on multiple mowers. Orange tank models had the big guard on them. These holes were used to mount the guard. On suburbans that didnt use the guard they used a Phillips head bolt with a nut on the end...
Ahhhh! And I own a commercial too and didn't think of that. duh!

I want a guard for my suburban! :trink40:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts