My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got this bad boy today, WOW what a powerhouse!!! It's been a long time since I've ran a 3 speed staggered LB, forgot how NICE they are! Still enjoy the old school models, at least the self propelled ones in this heat. haha.

Before I did anything with this one I pulled the rear wheels off and lubed the gears well. Looks like the mower had been sitting a while, DRY and a bit rusty on the gears! Rolls much easier both ways now.

Had to put this catcher on it, I was still a little worried about the fit, but it fits perfectly! The bag anyway... The chute itself is a bear to install and remove. Takes a good bit of hand pounding to get it to lock over both shoulder bolts, and removing is worse. I like the apperance of this chute, but it's not made nearly as heavily as the newer version.

I pulled the catcher back off and slapped the mulch plate on and mowed my two neghibors lawns with it. I do them weekly anyway, but usually with a much larger, and lazier method (my 48" Walker). It's been crazy HOT here, and dry, so mulching is pretty effortless, even in the bermuda they have. But still taking off 2 weeks of growth. No problems at all!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
looks good
there isnt been too many spots that haven't been scorched or steamed lately

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,787 Posts
We had no rain in spring so it took a long while to get a lawn this year... now the heat wave is killing it off. I hope to get to mow a few more times.

That bag looks nice on there. Too bad about the fit of the chute but if you never take it off its not bad I suppose.

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Looks real nice! I've got one just like it, minus the bag set up. A properly tuned DF is a true monster of a push mower!

·
Lawn-Boys Everywhere
1,294 Posts
That does look very nice on the mower.

Once I add a rear collection bag to a mower, I never take it off. With so many mowers in my garage, that's not a problem. I have one mower that is dedicated to side discharge. All the rest of my mowers collect the clippings.

bruce....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts