My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kansas guy has used Lawnboys for 25 yrs. My dad used them and my granddad! Anyways here are a few pics of my mowers here. Had my 10323 for years and years bought it new. Just got my M series for 20 bucks!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This site is so much fun! I have always loved Lawnboys, its great to see others that honestly are crazier then I am about them. My dad has always used them, and my grandfather has always used them too! I still actually have my dads original lawnboy he bought when he was in highschool when he mowed lawns. I don't have a pic of that one, but will need some help with this one when I get back home sometime to tear it apart and get it going again. It hasn't been running for 2 yrs, no gas, always run it dry;)

Anyways I have a few questions below, hope to get some answered. Again awesome site. I love old/some new lawnboys. Mostly the 2 strokes!

Also looking for some help with both mowers. My 10232 is getting close to needing a new deck. I have a lot of hours on it. 4 New sets of tires for the rears, and the 2nd set on the fronts. Deck is getting thin! Would my duraforce motor with self propel, work on this mower? Not sure what the model number is but is cheap and its AL. In other words, can I swap motors?

Also I need some help with my "new" M-Series M21BMRB.

I am needing a new handle I think. My left adjuster the small black piece at the bottom is missing 2 teeth. Looking for some help / advice for this mower!

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Welcome the the forum. Nice machines you got there. You can buy the black knob individually because im almost positive it spins off. As for mounting up the duraforce to the aluminum deck.. You need the aluminum deck mounting plate from a duraforce that came with the alum. deck(22260,10550,10525,10424 are just some models). To put it on the deck you need to drill one hole and then move the pulley for the s/p to the lower hole. I would grab the alum deck either way. The F engine is a great engine..

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
Whats up Wolfy....nice to have you from one KS dude to another.

I have a handle for an "M" hanging in one of my sheds right now........its yours if you want it, come and get it.

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Hello Kansan!

Indy, I've been looking for a left side, I think that's right, handle. I don't need the black adjustment part, just the silver bar... I have one that's bent! Not a big deal either way, since the dumb thing is down now anyway.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whats up Wolfy....nice to have you from one KS dude to another.

I have a handle for an "M" hanging in one of my sheds right now........its yours if you want it, come and get it.
Thanks I would love to take you up on that offer! It is the handle piece not the black piece that screws into it, I wish it was that piece.

Nice to see some local guys on here thats for sure. Thanks to all for the advice. I figure for 25 bucks that mower is a good deal anyways. Its just like my 1st mower I got when I was 8, just this is the one i really wanted, with the AL deck and self propelled. Indy I sent ya a PM for my contact info

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Kansan!

Indy, I've been looking for a left side, I think that's right, handle. I don't need the black adjustment part, just the silver bar... I have one that's bent! Not a big deal either way, since the dumb thing is down now anyway.
My silver bar is fine so If i buy indy's you can have my old silver bar off of mine! My black adjuster on the end of the bar is missing two teeth and the left side of the handle sags, no matter what position. So maybe we can all have our mowers going good!

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
My silver bar is fine so If i buy indy's you can have my old silver bar off of mine! My black adjuster on the end of the bar is missing two teeth and the left side of the handle sags, no matter what position. So maybe we can all have our mowers going good!
That would be awesome! I'll have to go out and double check which side is the bent side... Where are you located in KS? I'm in hutchinson...

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That would be awesome! I'll have to go out and double check which side is the bent side... Where are you located in KS? I'm in hutchinson...
Im actually inOlathe KS, or south of Kansas City. I go to hutch quite a bit, so I can always bring it down the next time Im there! I have family in that area!

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Im actually inOlathe KS, or south of Kansas City. I go to hutch quite a bit, so I can always bring it down the next time Im there! I have family in that area!
Small world, lol I have family in lawrence, but I don't make it up there as often as I should... Shoot me a PM if you are headed this way sometime! I always thought I'd have a **** of a time finding a replacement for that bent handle... Never seen one come across ebay yet either.

·
Registered
395 Posts
BTW Wolfy, did you ever get that CL poster to respond? I sent them an email the day they posted and never heard back. I think that one was in Bonner Springs and there was another one very similar posted in Lee's Summit with a bent crank.

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
Darn, KC area....I'm out west about three and a half hours from there.

If you still want it thats great but I didn't receive any pm.... My sis lives in Olathe and thought about going to the GB/Chiefs pre season game in Sept.

If you want me to ship it I could but finding a box for something like that could be tricky.

U tell me.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BTW Wolfy, did you ever get that CL poster to respond? I sent them an email the day they posted and never heard back. I think that one was in Bonner Springs and there was another one very similar posted in Lee's Summit with a bent crank.
nope nothing yet! So its hard to tell. I have seen a few on CL that were like that, no response! So oh well. They maybe out of town this weekend as well. So I will keep trying. Hopefully can get something to work out!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Darn, KC area....I'm out west about three and a half hours from there.

If you still want it thats great but I didn't receive any pm.... My sis lives in Olathe and thought about going to the GB/Chiefs pre season game in Sept.

If you want me to ship it I could but finding a box for something like that could be tricky.

U tell me.
I will send ya another one, must of hit the wrong button. I grew up in NW kansas Colby to be exact. I would love to buy that part from ya some how. Don't care to have it shipped, that is a pain. I can always pick it up from ya sometime when I head back home, or if you are ever coming this way, then I may ask ya to bring it along. Either way that would work just fine. Thanks again!!!

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
I will send ya another one, must of hit the wrong button. I grew up in NW kansas Colby to be exact. I would love to buy that part from ya some how. Don't care to have it shipped, that is a pain. I can always pick it up from ya sometime when I head back home, or if you are ever coming this way, then I may ask ya to bring it along. Either way that would work just fine. Thanks again!!!
Whoaa!! Colby is where I grew up! I'm afraid to ask who you are.....very bizarre.

I moved from Colby to Hays when I was in 6th grade. Send me a PM! I gotta know..:fing32: I have to go to bed now but I'll be checking first thing tomorrow when I get to work at 6...

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Whoaa!! Colby is where I grew up! I'm afraid to ask who you are.....very bizarre.

I moved from Colby to Hays when I was in 6th grade. Send me a PM! I gotta know..:fing32: I have to go to bed now but I'll be checking first thing tomorrow when I get to work at 6...
PM Sent... hopefully this time:) Crazy small world. How fun! Talk to ya soon.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks to all for the help with my M-series.

Anybody happen to have a 10323 type AL, self propelled deck for sale? I have been wanting to replace my old steel deck, due to its getting thin from so much use!

Also I seem to be building up a lot of dirt and grime on the main shaft on the mower above and below the deck. Looks to me like some seals are starting to wear. Its not too bad, but its a pain. Anyways I will try to get some pics up sometime soon to show you what I have been talking about. The pics include just this mowing seasons dirt and grime.
Any suggestions on fixing this besides cleaning it more often;)
Anybody looking to get rid of their AL Self-Propelled, deck let me know...

Thanks

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You are going to need an aluminum deck engine mounting plate if you want to convert your mower over from steel to aluminum...
Thanks for that info! I will remember to look for that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts