My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I am guessing someone out there has the information I need. I am looking for the weight of a 1819 Lawnboy Snowboy from 1964. Perhaps someone has some old spec sheets or something with the weight. I may need to ship one and am trying to guesstimate the shipping charges. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Bill

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Gosh... I have one. I could maybe figure out a way to weigh it if you still need it? I assume you need the weight including the handle correct?

·
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi! If it is convenient for you to weigh yours that would be great. If I had an industrial scale I could do it but I don't think my bathroom scale would hold up under the weight of me holding the Snowboy!! :) Thanks, Bill

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Hi! If it is convenient for you to weigh yours that would be great. If I had an industrial scale I could do it but I don't think my bathroom scale would hold up under the weight of me holding the Snowboy!! :) Thanks, Bill
Ah jeez... Its been a wild last few days.. I'm on leave from work (where my scale I was going to use is) until 4-22-20 soooo, I'm sorry. Chances are I'm not going to be able to shoot you a number anytime soon... My son who resides in NY state is now with us and my employer thinks I should stay away for 14 days.... I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around all these changes...

·
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem! Stay safe. Bill

·
21,731 Posts
Take it to your local veterinarian. He should have a large pad scale for weighing critters up to about 400 lb.

I had an 18" Sno-Boy about 45 years ago that came with the option of substituting small 6" solid rubber tires/wheels for the skids for moving around the shop.

·
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I did manage to get my Snowboy weighed today. Turns out my bathroom scale goes up to 450# so I weighed myself and then weighed the handle as well as the Snowboy while holding them. The handle, with some extra roller washers for the housing, weighed in at 7#. The Snowboy weighed in at 68#. Total weight 75#. Not as heavy as I would have guessed but still much heavier than my Toro Powerlite. I think I will try listing this on eBay with shipping and see what happens. Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts