My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well miller17636 was nice enough to send me a new bagger system for my 92 model, so I was so proud of it that I decided to make today picture day and to show the rest of the fleet. When I put the new bag on it was like buying a new pair of tennis shoes, you really don't have any idea how bad those old tennis shoe look until you put the new ones on. LOL It was the same feeling with this new bagger. I'll probably still use the old bag until it becomes unsafe to use just because I don't want to mess this one up.

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
They all look GREAT! Very Nice! You need a 7024 to go with that 5024....;)
Yeah It would be nice to have all the bricks of the 70's. Especially the 7024, that one has sentimental value since that was the first LB I ever used. My father bought it for me new in 1977. I think I cut half the lawns in Kentucky with that mower. LOL

·
Lawn Boys Never Die
2,049 Posts
That bag looks great, gald u could use it!!

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Hey, I like that bag too! :p

Nice line of mowers there! I wish I had a 21" brick-top too. The 19" is pretty darn small for about anything IMO. Wouldn't think 2 inches of cut would make much difference, but it does! Not that I plan on using the brick-top much. Afraid I'll wear it out I guess... haha

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, I like that bag too! :p

Nice line of mowers there! I wish I had a 21" brick-top too. The 19" is pretty darn small for about anything IMO. Wouldn't think 2 inches of cut would make much difference, but it does! Not that I plan on using the brick-top much. Afraid I'll wear it out I guess... haha
Yeah I know what you mean about the 19 inch mowers being small, but I think my 5024 is still my favorite of the 3 that I have.

·
Lawn-Boys Everywhere
1,295 Posts
I like the looks of that bag too. Not sure why the used one I had fit so tight. I'll have to keep my eye open for one of these. Getting the recoil rope out of the way is slick. :fing32:

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the looks of that bag too. Not sure why the used one I had fit so tight. I'll have to keep my eye open for one of these. Getting the recoil rope out of the way is slick. :fing32:
The bag hanger at the top is adjustable (4 holes) and of course the handle adjustment down at the deck makes a difference to. So basically you adjust the handle to give the right height for your arms, then you adj. the bag hanger so that the bag will come on and off easily. The only problem is if you have people of different heights using the mower.

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
The bag hanger at the top is adjustable (4 holes) and of course the handle adjustment down at the deck makes a difference to. So basically you adjust the handle to give the right height for your arms, then you adj. the bag hanger so that the bag will come on and off easily. The only problem is if you have people of different heights using the mower.
I'm thinking that if you had the handle in the lowest position you would have trouble getting it to fit. As I was told it wouldn't fit on my gold-duraforce, I'm betting the handle was lower... I have mine in the middle position (I'm 6'4" and that's plenty high for my taste, I have looong arms, lol) and with the bracket in the lowest position it fit great. In the high handle position I'd possibly have to move the bag hanger up a notch.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
great looking mowers. The 1st one was just like my 1st mower! I bought it with my dad when I was like 8 yrs old. I was a strange kid, loved to look at them, and study up on them. Mine was a steel deck though

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Ron, it always nice to look at these summer time photos in the middle of winter, I think it was 110 degrees when I took these pics a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Good looking mowers. I look forward to spring so we can get back out there.

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice mini fleet LB77. Especially the bricks.
Thanks RCB, I have added few machines to the fleet since this picture was taken. I have also made some small changes to the bricks in the pic to get them closer to original. Currently I am working on a 1969, model 7259, the deck is in rough shape so this bermuda sand model may end up being a 1964, model 5232 since I have a good period correct deck and shroud to create a first generation D400 brick.

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Yeah It would be nice to have all the bricks of the 70's. Especially the 7024, that one has sentimental value since that was the first LB I ever used. My father bought it for me new in 1977. I think I cut half the lawns in Kentucky with that mower. LOL
Too funny, the 7024 was the same first mower I ever used also! Belonged to my grandpa and I was able to start using it when I was about in 2nd grade! haha.

The catcher looks really nice as well! I have nearly the same machine, in self propelled, and also found a NOS catcher for it just like that. I also bought a replacement bag for it, pretty good deal, also NOS so I can use mine and not worry about getting one dirty since I have a nice clean one in the waiting. Yeah, just a little OCD huh? :trink40:

Nice looking mowers for sure, I have followed your restorations since I've been a member here! Haven't been on much lately since I've been busy with Christmas lights...

·
Cityboy
610 Posts
Thanks RCB, I have added few machines to the fleet since this picture was taken. I have also made some small changes to the bricks in the pic to get them closer to original. Currently I am working on a 1969, model 7259, the deck is in rough shape so this bermuda sand model may end up being a 1964, model 5232 since I have a good period correct deck and shroud to create a first generation D400 brick.
That would be great 77 because I have a 5232 I want to redo and we could help each other out alone the way.

Curtis

1 - 20 of 23 Posts