My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
20,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you found a particular brand and color of paint that matches your Lawnboy (or other brand) mower, go ahead and post it here. Feel free to post some photos as well!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Re: We need a paint color sticky

Toro sells their 361-10 red spray paint but it's pricey--$12 a can. Anyone know of a cheaper substitute?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Ok, here are the only 2 that I am for sure of.

Dupli-color Grabber Green- for the standard, most popular Lawnboy green.

Rust-oleum Chevy Orange - for the orange steel commercial wheels.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Can we keep this sticky to only known colors that people have proven work and are as close to the original colors as you can possibly get rather then guessing and speculation? Otherwise it will get so gummed up and long that it will be useless as a reference.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Re: We need a paint color sticky

Toro sells their 361-10 red spray paint but it's pricey--$12 a can. Anyone know of a cheaper substitute?

Anybody find out a cheaper substitute for the toro paint? Also where can you get the toro paint? I tried my local lawnboy store and it was 20 bucks a can. I could handle 12 bucks if needed, but not 20. I would like to find a substitute for 6 bucks like the grabber green

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
For the Toro Paint I found that New Holland Red worked out great. It was like 8 Bucks a can at my dealer. But it is right on the same color.

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
For the Toro Paint I found that New Holland Red worked out great. It was like 8 Bucks a can at my dealer. But it is right on the same color.
If you have a Tractor Supply store close you will find that color there too, and save a few bucks a can.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
If you have a Tractor Supply store close you will find that color there too, and save a few bucks a can.
Thanks!! I do and I will check that out. I also when I googled that color the other night, it came up as a lowes color. I will have to verify that, but that would be even better, cuz they are usually 5 bucks a can or something like that. Gotta love savin money

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Hummm, I don't know if anyone ever sees this thread since they tucked it away in a seperate section... But I'll give it a shot.

I was wondering what green you have found for a match for this LB green? Wanting to touch-up/repaint the lower section of the handle on my 8480, as a good portion of the paint has peeled off! Closest thing I found (and it's darn close) is a can of Rustoleum Hunter Green. I had it already in the cabinet... Is that about as close as it gets?

A second part to this post, how are you guys "touching up" little spots? Have no desire or need to repaint the whole deck, but as you can see in this pic there is a few places where the paint is chipped off. Can a person spray some grabber green in a little plastic container and use a artist's paint brush to apply it directly into the hole? The left side of the deck is skinned up a little as well, but I think I could tape off the side and just spray that... Or just leave it alone?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I left my mower handle to be powder coated and was wondering if the magnesium deck could be powder coated? (Is this the right place to ask this?) Thanks--

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,783 Posts
I left my mower handle to be powder coated and was wondering if the magnesium deck could be powder coated? (Is this the right place to ask this?) Thanks--
Yes Magnesium decks can be powder coated, all of my Magnesium decks have been powder coated. They should have the correct green color also, I think it's just called "Yellow green".

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,783 Posts
Yes Magnesium decks can be powder coated, all of my Magnesium decks have been powder coated. They should have the correct green color also, I think it's just called "Yellow green".
They probably will have the correct color for your 7022, but not the old 60's mint green,

·
Registered
99 Posts
Y'all can rest easy. I found a powder coat color that matches my 7022 EXACTLY! The color is RAL 6018. If you want more info, go to Walk Behind-"7022 to powder coater". Powder coating is durable and magnesium decks CAN be done. My coater will sell enough to do your mower(s) which is a huge help. Y'all let me know if you need more info or help with questions for Mario. Later--

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried the Duplicolor Candy Apple Green which was close enough for full area jobs...you might take your machine to an auto paint shop and have them scan and mix a custom color for your touch-up work...a little expensive but they can provide you with both a spray and touch up versioin of your LB color.

BTW....how much would I expect to pay to have LB's stripped and powder coated?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I tried the Duplicolor Candy Apple Green which was close enough for full area jobs...you might take your machine to an auto paint shop and have them scan and mix a custom color for your touch-up work...a little expensive but they can provide you with both a spray and touch up versioin of your LB color.

BTW....how much would I expect to pay to have LB's stripped and powder coated?
Mario's preliminary estimate was about $60 for all the pieces that were green originally. That's a "light blast" as he called it and then the powder coating. I'll let you know for sure when I get it back.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts