My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just received my case of oil today, I am good for several years. You know it's older when it says mix with unleaded or leaded gas. :thanku:

·
Mowerholic
1,127 Posts
If others do not jump on your offer before they go to sleeze bay, they need to be pistol whipped lol. Ive already amassed more than I should but you've done a great thing here offering it into the community. Good on you!:trink39::trink39:

·
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hi Branden! To the credit of the members here, 7 of them did step up and helped me move some of these out to the tune of 264 cans. I do have them up on eBay right now but would certainly honor the original offer to anyone on the forum if they wished to purchase some. That would also include 1/2 cases as well. Myself, I go through about a case in 1 1/2 years so the 200 I kept should last me about 6 years or so. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Bill

·
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hi Guys! Well I need to ask a favor. Many of you have been following my thread regarding the Lawnboy oil. Seven of our members did take advantage of my forum offer to the tune of 264 cans. I still had three cases left and I have them up on eBay on a 30 day listing, buy it now. It says I have had 76 views and 11 watchers. This is where the favor comes in. I would like to ask if any of you, or maybe all of you, are the 11 watchers. I know sometimes a member will post a link to something of interest on eBay and I may put it on my watch list to see how it does. Just trying to find out if there are any watchers who are not on the forum to gauge the interest. Thanks much for your help. Bill

·
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hi Guys! Well I had 91 views and as many as 11 watchers on my first case of oil that I had listed on eBay and to my surprise, I sold a case today. I relisted as I only have 2 cases left so hopefully with spring approaching the other two cases will sell. Bill

·
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
So the Lawnboy oil saga continues. I boxed up the case of oil that I sold on eBay yesterday so I could take it to the UPS store today. I had also relisted yesterday as I had 2 cases left to sell. Got up this morning to see if there were any more views or watchers and it said I had no items for sale. What the heck?? Scrolled down the page and found that my second case of oil had already sold!! Turns out the same buyer that bought the first case also bought the second case. Anyway I have one more case to sell and have listed it this morning so we'll see what happens. I have to get over to the Toro dealer to see if they have a couple more boxes. Bill

·
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
And so the Lawnboy oil saga comes to a close with the sale today of the last case of oil on eBay. The same buyer has purchased all three cases from me and through some correspondence I learned that he has been collecting Lawnboys for 30 years and has around 150 of them. He said he has most of the models ever made. I am hoping through my invitation that I can get him to join the forum. Anyway, thanks again to those members who helped me out with the oil purchases and it has been fun sharing this story with everyone. Bill

·
Registered
109 Posts
Great job Bill with the oil. I'm very happy with my 1/2 case purchase when you first offered it to forum members. What mass purchase do you have planned next? Also, are there any members on here with even close to 150 Lawnboys?

·
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Hi! Not sure about the largest collection of Lawnboys but I know my 10 doesn't even make a drop in the bucket. I provided the fellow with a link to the MTF website. Perhaps he will like what he sees and will decide to join. Would love to see some pictures. Bill

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I made it and thanks for the oil!!
Andy

As a kid growing up I remember Lawn-Boys everywhere the school at the end of my block had a commercial. Almost every house had one. The local dealer had guys pushing them and doing maneuvers in the 4th of July parade. The local Ace always had a row of them to be fixed. The town smelled of old lawn-boys. When dad went to buy what he needed I would always go check out what was in to be fixed. I even got one of the toy Lawn-Boys. And still have it. Wish I could go back in time I remember their was a full skid of them brand new. My first Lawn-Boy was an early Utility push model. It did not have the staggered wheels but was still a lawn boy. I loved that thing. Until the guy next door used it and put in straight gas it was all over. I took it apart with my grand father and that is how I learned about engines. Then in the late 1980’s I started picking them out of the garbage and fixing them up. Sad you don’t see many out their these days. Besides me I have not seen any one using a brick top in probably 10 years. Now I am the only guy in the naborhood with lawn-boys. Sad it is the end of an era. I am just glade I was able to live throw it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I guess, let me be the first to OFFICIALLY welcome you to My Tractor Forum!

:MTF_wel:

:MTF_wel2:

Edited to be correct.

·
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Toros'r's! Sorry, but since I invited him to join that makes me the first. :sidelaugh
Anyway, I will add an official welcome as well. :Welcome1:

·
Registered
5 Posts
LOL Sorry to say I did have a Toro a long time ago but dont have any now Just Lawn-Boys for me now.
Thanks for the welcome guys!!!

·
4K Poster!!!!
5,031 Posts
Welcome to the forum Spindr, looking forward to seeing pics of that collection and hearing some of the history behind them. I think you're gonna fit in right nice around here.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Welcome Spindr. You'll love it here. We are a big mower loving family here and I'm sure we are all glad to have you. Lbad is addictive buddy. It's just easier to let it take over. Bills a great guy and a true lbad supporter.

·
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Hi guys! Just thought I would tag on to this old thread of mine regarding the Lawnboy canned oil purchase I made earlier this year. When I made the purchase I wasn't really sure how much oil I was going to go through in a year and therefore how long 200 cans was going to last me. Well, so far since April I have purchased enough gas to use 34 cans. I will probably need to purchase fuel once this winter which will up my usage to 39 cans for a year. This projects out to about four more years worth of oil before I need to start looking for more. I know a lot of you said you had enough oil to last a long time but using almost 40 cans per year kind of puts things in perspective. Just kind of wondered how many of you are using large quantities of oil each year. Bill

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Crickey! 39 cans?? You mix'in up batches for the Suburban too, maybe sealed the fence and deck ? Thats lots of erl consumption fella! :1221:

·
2 Strokes Rule EPA Drools
405 Posts
Yeah I use a around 10-15 gallons of premix a year I mix it in 2.5 gallon batches. With ethenol free fuel.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts