My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read quite a number of posts about model 6279 commercial mowers, but haven't been able to find anything about the 6280 commercial mower, which looks the same except the tag is between the motor and tank. Oh, and according to the factory web site the 6280 uses a F201 engine vs a F200 for the 6279; minor difference I'm sure. Any thoughts on the 6280? Maybe it's rarer then the 6279 even though it was in production for more years??!! :trink40:

Today I picked up two 6280's along with a M21BMR, a M21EMR, a few Mastercraft LB's, and about 13 various other LB's.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a few pics of one that was at the back of the truck. Someone has painted this one and changed out/mixed up some of the wheels as the other has a green deck and four orange wheels. I have the missing (white plastic) wheel in a box. The serial number dates this to 1980. According to the factory web site these were made through model year 1985.

Attachments

·
Registered
613 Posts
That's neat, Tom. Nice finds. The yellow really throws me off though. If you ever think about parting one of those out, I need that orange bumper that goes across the front of the deck for my 6276.

Can't wait to see the pics of the rest of your haul.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Good find Tom! That mower is pretty much the same as the 6279 but the 6279 has a plastic carb and the 6280 has a metal carb with orange air filter.

Almost Looks like IH Yellow...

·
Banned
864 Posts
:wwp: :wwp: :wwp: :wwp:

MORE that is .....'

Ps great finds

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
wow that is a strange lawn boy. Looks like international yellow! I have never seen one like that. Interesting machine! Very cool

1 - 9 of 9 Posts