My Tractor Forum banner

Lawnboy M21EMR Flooding

2697 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Croc
I have an interesting problem with a Lawnboy M21EMR.

After the unit has been shut down for a period of time, gas will start to leak out of the carburator through the air breather/choke side. One would think that the needle and seat plus the float would be the problem. I have tried a brand new carb as well as replaced the needle, seat, and floater in 2 other carbs with the same results.

The only way to stop it is turn the gas off valve off. The mower runs perfect and no issues in starting either..

Any feedback would be appreciated
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
That is very strange. I would say that it would be the needle and seat typically but you already fixed that. I hope someone else can help you out.

By the way, :Welcome1:
always turn the gas off on a mikuni carb-they are very touchy. if it runs fine otherwise -i would let it be.
Clean the carb again, clean the tank, install a fuel filter, the fuel needs to be clean, clean,clean. I have done this on all my M's and I am not having any problems now.
always turn the gas off on a mikuni carb-they are very touchy. if it runs fine otherwise -i would let it be.
Are you sure you have the needle in its little place on the float?

I agree that the Mikuni is a fussy carb....I've got six mowers with Mikuni's. At any given time, at least one is having troubles...
Mine leaks when its let sit for a while also. I just have to make sure its turned off. That is kinda strange though. Usually a new needle and seat will fix it. But you already tried. Very strange
I don't have much knowledge on mikuni carbs as I only have one mower with one and I haven't had that mower that long, maybe two months. So far mine is doing ok with the fuel always on and I don't have any leaks, yet.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.