My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
2- Stroke Lawnboy Fan!!!
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dumb question, but has anyone ever used it? I have always ran castrol in my lawnboy's and never used lawnboy oil before. is it any good?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Dumb question, but has anyone ever used it? I have always ran castrol in my lawnboy's and never used lawnboy oil before. is it any good?
How long have you been on this site again?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think the quality of the Lawn Boy oil speaks for it's self since it is not uncommon to see many many years of service out of their engines before needing a rebuild. Yes some of the newer style oils might be better but I think the engineers who designed the LB oil have come up with a more than proven product.

·
2- Stroke Lawnboy Fan!!!
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
2- Stroke Lawnboy Fan!!!
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright, thanks guys ! :D

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Since September 28th
I would have thought you'd have seen this posted many times since then. But seriously, you can't go wrong with Gen II oil. There are better oils out there today and there are oils that are just as good for less money but for piece of mind, Gen II is hard to beat.

·
LAWN-BOY-AHOLIC
1,349 Posts
Nothing wrong with LB oil, Lb's have been known to run for 30 years or better using it. Do keep a watch on your muffler and exhaust ports though as they will carbon up and need cleaning every few years depending on how much you mow.

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
"That's the best post I've seen on here in a long time. LOL!"

That's Neal alright, a few months ago he was using the old oil from his van at 8-1 :ROF

·
Creeping toward 100 posts
90 Posts
I had always put lawn boy oil in my Lawn Boys just because it seemed like the thing to do. All of a sudden an 8 oz. can went from $1.50 to $3.00 and I found a case of McCullough 24 pack of 16 oz. bottles for $38 bucks at Express Mower Parts. Everything seems to still work OK.

·
Lawn-Boys and VW's
1,873 Posts
Neil , should I try the oil out of the 66 bug at 8 to 1 in my mowers too????:ROF

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
Neil , should I try the oil out of the 66 bug at 8 to 1 in my mowers too????:ROF
Yes!! Shawn, have you ever noticed how the used oil that comes out of an air cooled VW engine looks,smells,feels just like LB gen2 oil? Weird I know......
Might be a key to how the engineers refined it....:trink40:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
It's all I use in my Lawn-Boy's. I was thinking of switching to Amsoil, but Lawn-Boy Generation 2 Ashless oil is simply the best. I will probably always use it.:fing32:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts