My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys! I wasn't sure whether to post this in the ebay/Craigslist section or not as the items are not currently listed. I have a really nice used Lawnboy 2.5 gallon gas can on display in my garage. You would think that would be enough but no, I had to buy a new old stock one from eBay. Here is a picture like the one I purchased. The seller emailed me and said he has three more to sell so I thought I would put the word out. I just received an email from him that he will be relisting one tomorrow. I may offer the one in my picture up for sale after the new one gets here so if anyone is looking for a really nice, clean used Lawnboy gas can and doesn't want to pay what I paid for a new one, ($76.83 with shipping), feel free to PM me if you are interested. Also if anyone has any interest in any of the square, 1 gallon cans, send me a PM as well. Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
That looks great, I wish mine looked that nice. I use it for nothing but Lawnboy mix so everybody knows what it gets.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
That's a great collection Bill! I would get one of those LB cans but I don't use mine enough to justify a huge can. I have three of those rectangular 1 gallon cans, one for each type of fuel I need. :fing32:

·
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
109 Posts
Bill I was watching the one you won right up to the end wondering how high it was going to go. Does anyone remember what they sold for new back in the 80's ?

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi Guys! Well, my new Lawnboy can arrived today and I thought I would share a couple of pictures because I know you all love pictures. I know it's not a new old stock mower but to get something almost 30 years old that has never been used is pretty cool. It will look nice on display in my garage. Also the seller told me that he has three more to sell and there is one up on eBay right now. Bill

Just heard back from the seller and he apparently has sold two more through second chance offers so the one on eBay is the only one he has left.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

·
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi! Very nice!! Glad to hear you got one through a second chance offer. Here is an updated picture after adding my new one to the collection. The new one on the right is dated 1985 and the older used one is dated 1977. The older one is more red/orange in color and the new one is red. Bill

Attachments

·
5,307 Posts
This is my old thread about Lawnboy gas cans so I thought I would just add to it with an updated picture of my small collection of Lawnboy cans, Lawnboy oil, and other gas, oil, and lawn related accessories. The top left Lawnboy can is used and is dated 1977, the top right Lawnboy can is NOS and is dated 1985, and my newest to the collection is the lower left Lawnboy can which has no date but appears to precede the other two. Bill

Attachments

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,810 Posts
Nice collection Bill! I need to get me one of those like the one from 1985. I don't really have room to get a collection started, but I think it would very functional.

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,534 Posts
Wow! Nice collection Bill! I have NEVER been able to find a LB gas can locally.

·
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys! I don't use the Lawnboy cans as I have 4 of the old metal 2 1/2 Eagle cans for daily use so the Lawnboy cans are just for my viewing pleasure. Just enjoy working in the garage and seeing the stuff on display. Bill

·
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well the Lawnboy gas can saga continues. Just received this one today. It is from the early 1970's which is my guesstimate based on the fact that the part number is smaller than the 1977 & 1985 cans I have. This was from a seller about an hour south of here so it didn't have to travel far to find it's new home. It is absolutely beautiful and as close to new without it being new. Shiny and clean inside. Not a spot of rust on the bottom. One tiny, tiny dent on the top. Barely noticeable. Fill cap and spout are super nice. I have this can already but not in this pristine of condition. About $40.00 shipped. Here are some pictures because I know you like pictures. Bill

·
4,534 Posts
Very Nice! Ive never had one or even seen one but on the net. Im afraid I would use it though. Part of it being cool to own, is to use it before I die. I own two of those LawnBoy Oil Can trash cans, and I use one regularly for keeping wild bird food in and taking it around to the feeders to refill them. It can hold about 30 lbs of seed at a time.

·
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Ford Tech! What ever happened to your thread on the Lawnboy oil can collection? I was looking for it the other day because someone asked about the age of a couple of cans but I could not find it. Let me know if you are able to locate it.
As far as using the gas can, I suppose I could use one of the used ones but I have 5 vintage Eagle 2 1/2 gallon cans that can be used before using the Lawnboy ones. Might as well keep them nice as long as possible. Bill

·
Registered
115 Posts
I use 1 NATO 5 gal can and 2 old 2 1/2 gal all steel cans which are probably 40 years old.. One can for gas and 1 can for Stihl gas. The 5 gal can fills my garden tractor and my 2 1/2 gal cans as needed.

·
4,534 Posts
Here it is Bill

1 - 20 of 22 Posts