My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought another LB and drive wheel on left rear does not spin forward? I mean when you try to push mower forward it locks up on the drive wheel. It rolls in reverse and it rolls when I mowed my lawn tonight. This is the single speed self propelled model with belt drive.thanks,Darryl

·
Collector Of Junk!
233 Posts
I am not familiar with that model but is there a shear key in the wheel? It could have sheared and not be moving. Does it move when you push it?

Edit You said it locks up on the drive wheel when you push it. Is anything caught in it? Does the shaft spin but not the wheel? The wheel could need replaced.

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,767 Posts
I would take it all apart and inspect all the little pieces to look for worn parts like Fireman suggests it may have a broken piece in there or junk. The rubber friction pad could have too much grease on it too or the grease zerks could have been overloaded with grease into the differentials..maybe missing parts. The parts in there are fortunately pretty cheap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help. I tore it all apart tonight to no avail. model number is #10324. I have two other Duraforce self propelled in my collection. I will tear them apart side by side to see if I can figure anything out? I did not get into the aluminum area with the grease fitting? Maybe problem is in there some how? I tore right and left sides both apart to see if there was any difference to no avail? thanks,Darryl

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,767 Posts
That is where the friction disk sits... make sure it is not torn or over lubricated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts