My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator and over 6K Posts!
6,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Well with winter here the mower guys have turned into snowblower guys and even then a lot of us have not had much snow yet this year. I did want to get an opinion from the forum as to the value of a mower that I have in my possession. This is a Lawnboy model 5273 from 1976? and until I bought it was a one owner unit. I purchased this from an estate sale last fall as I hate to see a good Lawnboy go to waste but it didn't run. After some carb parts and a good cleaning this mower runs great and start on one or two pulls. Everything appears to be original even down to the clips that hold the handle from coming off the brackets. I am probably going to part with this one even though I have a soft spot in my heart for all the older Lawnboys. Just thought I would get some opinions as to the value of this mower. I am attaching some pictures for your viewing. Your opinions will be appreciated. Thanks, Bill

Attachments

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
I've got that mower in 21". Doesn't look that nice, but sure does run well. Someday I'll give him some good detail work, or just sell him as is. To the right buyer, $150 shouldn't be hard to get if you plan on selling it.

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,283 Posts
Yeah I think 150 easy, maybe 200, that mower looks to be in excellent original condition. I think that in many cases an excellent original will bring more than a mower that has been restored.

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
True. Any easy $200 for a collector or someone really knowing it's value. It would sell around here(Midwest) for about $125-$150 with no problems to your average person looking for a mower. Too nice to sell! That's a keeper!

·
Super Moderator and over 6K Posts!
6,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi again and thanks for the input everyone has provided so far. I figured if anyone would have some idea of the value it would be you guys. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it as I have enough mowers already. I may wait until spring and then offer it up for sale. I have three F series that I do all my yard jobs with and four other mowers that are just in storage, five if you count this one. We'll have to see after winter I guess. Thanks again to all of you for your help. Bill

·
Registered
149 Posts
I figure its too nice to sell, but if you really are set on selling, I would wait till spring because its way too nice to give away. That is in excellent original condition and it deserves 200+ in my opinion. Very nice unit you have there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts