My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked a Lawnboy 10324 up a few days ago. I replaced the primer pump and got it running. I noticed I had no power, but as soon as I moved the wind vane the engine reved up to speed. It seems as though the spring has become unattached and I am not sure how to fix it.

How do I reattach the spring on a Lawnboy carb from a 10324? The picture shows what I am talking about. As you can see it looks to be loose. Does anybody have a diagram or picture to show me how to reattach it correctly?

·
Administrator
21,223 Posts
Looks to me like you need a new spring for starters. Just so happens I have my camera out and a carb along with the filter assy sitting on my work bench. Be right back!

·
Administrator
21,223 Posts
Well, that didn't take too long. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brad,

Thanks for the pictures!

I see on your's the wind vane is attached with a screw on top. On mine there is no screw and it seems to be a non-replacable spring, but not really sure. The spring spins around the base of the wind vane and I am not sure how to reattach it. I may have to take it to the dealer to have them look at it, but I really wanted to learn how to fix it myself or with guidence from the forum.

Again...thanks for the pics.

Rick

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
echoman,

I tried the lawnboy.com site with no luck. Is there a specific location on that site where I can find that info? TIA

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
You need to go to Lawnboy.com and locate the "E" engine service manual. I can't link it to you for some reason Toro won't allow it to be linked. You will type in your model# and somewhere there find manuals. Just remember the "E" engine is the duraforce.

Those springs are a [email protected] to install.

I'm also afraid that Brads carb is a totally different setup.

Good luck!:trink40:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found it...thanks again everybody!!!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This forum is totally amazing.
I re-attached the spring with help from the online Lawnboy "E" engine service manual. Without that and you guys pointing me in the right direction I would have been off to the dealer wasting time and money.
Tomorrow, I will reinstall the carb and test it out.
:thanku:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, here is the problem now. I put the carb back on. Everything is hooked up now. I can not get it to start. If I pour some gas in the carb it will start and run until the fuel runs out. I removed the carb and there is no gas in by the float. I've primed it and that doesn't seem to help.
It ran yesterday, but not today. What's up here?

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Did you open the carb and mess with the float? Even if you had the gov set up backwards, you still would have fuel flow. Gas in the tank?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
There are very few things that would stop fuel flow from the tank to the bowl. Start at the fuel line connection to the carb and work from there. Pull it off the carb and see if fuel flows from the line at that point. If yes, it's in the carb. If no, then work your way back to the tank. I bet it's something simple.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, I did open the carb to look at the float, but I didn't do anything to it. I just looked and then put the cover back on.

Fuel is flowing to the carb, but it doesn't seem to get into the carb. I used compressed air to blow out the carb just to make sure nothing was clogged. I guess I will remove the carb again to take a look. It's got to be something simple.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Yes, I did open the carb to look at the float, but I didn't do anything to it. I just looked and then put the cover back on.

Fuel is flowing to the carb, but it doesn't seem to get into the carb. I used compressed air to blow out the carb just to make sure nothing was clogged. I guess I will remove the carb again to take a look. It's got to be something simple.
Be sure the fuel line isn't kinking when you attach it back onto the carb. I've had fuel flow just fine and then notice that a kink forms at a bend when I attach it back to the carb.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts