My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...

I stumbled across this forum a little while back while searching for some information on my grandfathers lawnboy {10323}.

This started with a phone call from my grandmother to tell me that their push mower wouldn't start and my grandfather was tinkering {can't fault him for this :) }. When I went to check on it all it would do is burp gas out of the muffler when I tried to start it. Also learned it is a good idea to empty the gas out before putting the mower in wife's car *whoops*:fing20:

I read a few of the discussions here about the carb kits and the jetting problems.... long story short I ordered a carb kit and replaced it. The mower now starts and runs.. My only question is there is still a bit of whitish smoke coming out from the mower... I only ran it for about 15 minutes so it is possible that this is just a buildup from before. Any advice on the final carb tuneup/adjustments?

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Could be just a wrong gas mix.

THe carb kit is a whole carb that you have to build correct?

As for the old carb it could have been the needle and seat.

Welcome to the forum

·
Wile E. Coyote
626 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Where at in PA are you at?

If you go to Lawn-Boy's web site, you can download the service manual for free. I forget how many turns to preload the govornor spring, but it says how many in the book.

Pete

·
LAWN-BOY-AHOLIC
1,349 Posts
The white smoke is build up in the engine and muffler that will clean out in time. I have six duraforces and they all wear inline fuel filters and fuel shutoff valves as the carbs are poor about shutting off the flow of fuel on their own. You must remember to use the shutoff valve though. LOL!! LB should of already had a shutoff valve on the tank like most other LB do. Do a search on my threads and you will see some pictures of the valves and filters along with part numbers. The carbs on DF mowers are the weak link but you can live with them.

·
Registered
656 Posts
:Welcome1: Lots of info tfor the 10323 and for all the other LB's you'll be finding. Have fun.....:fing32:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts