My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea what brand this snow thrower is? I got it on a pallet of items in an auction and there are no labels, etc. The metal is really good shape, just a little surface rust but someone sprayed a light coat of red paint as you can see in the pictures. I would like to sell it but don't know how to describe what it fits. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for the help in advance.
Jim

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
I wonder if It Could have Been Made By AMF for Massey Ferguson That about all I Can think Of:thThumbsU

·
Registered
26 Posts
Kubota, IH, Toro?
that looks like a repaint, ...what color was the original?

looks, to me, to be mfd. by a farm implement company, not a lawn tractor company. more utility/simplified. circa 1980?

also, the answer may lie in the chute design, or that sticker i see.

kevin

·
Registered
527 Posts
its got a pulley drive from a side mounted pto, so, a sears suburban or Wheelhorse might be the make, many machines have the pto to the front and would not be able to power that unit.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
It's not for a Sears suburban. Those have a mule drive section, and on mine the drive chain is to the opposite side. This looks to be designed for use by something with a clutched pulley on the tractor. I'll second the repaint idea, judging by the overspray on the decal.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I think some of the JD 200 series had a side mounted PTO as well, possibly a JD thrower too.

regardless of who made it though, it looks like you need some more part to attach it, so, its going to be a fab job for where ever it ends up.

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
It Not a Deere or IH that Much I can tell for sure and as Daddywinz Pointed Out It could Be a Company that Just Manufactured Implements and Attachments It could Be a Haban which would be another Guess:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Case/IR maybe, but not Haban. The chute mechanism is all wrong, Haban used a cable to turn the chute.
The chute is also wrong for a Kubota.
The chute and housing shape do look Deere-ish.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of the suggestions. It's been a while since I logged in. I've been searching every once and a while to see if I find anything, no luck yet. I have some other keywords to throw into my search to see if I find something. Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.