My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
This thread got me thinking. I had purchased a new set of Stens Silver Streak toothed blades and needed to install them on my Husky. I'd been avoiding it because the deck is a real PIA! to drop. I'd bought a lift years ago. It had been a return to a Sears catalog store and I got a really good price on it but the deck on the old Sears (shown in my avatar) was so easy to drop that the lift was used a couple times and forgotten. It took two new tubes and a bunch of penetrant but it's back in service; did a great job and now the new blades are installed. I showed my neighbor who has a zero-turn that he's been using blocks and a bottle jack to lift. He's going to try this jack to check his blades next time.

The grass was so long I tried to sneak in a cut before it rained but the radar lied and I now know the new blades do a really good "wet cut".

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
The dual use is a bonus for me with these things as they are very limited in use time. Worth it to me not to have to remove my 200lb deck and flip it over but bench height transfers of up to 750lb stuff is nice.

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Those are pretty darn cool! Being able to kinda use it as a raised work surface sounds pretty nice. The next time I have mine out I'll have to see if there's a reasonable way to adapt that idea to my 500 HD.

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
The dual use is a bonus for me with these things as they are very limited in use time. Worth it to me not to have to remove my 200lb deck and flip it over but bench height transfers of up to 750lb stuff is nice.

Steve, remind me: a while back you had figured out a smaller way to store your Fischer jack, as I recall? I searched but couldn't find the post. I thought you had found a way to make it more compact when not being used, like to lean against the wall. And I remember there being a picture, like with it next to a door. Can you refresh my memory?

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Steve, remind me: a while back you had figured out a smaller way to store your Fischer jack, as I recall? I searched but couldn't find the post. I thought you had found a way to make it more compact when not being used, like to lean against the wall. And I remember there being a picture, like with it next to a door. Can you refresh my memory?
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Mower Wood

Reactions: RedOctobyr

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
I see kind of a broken symbol on my phone, and it looks like a blank post on my computer. Was there supposed to be an attachment or link?
There it is

Reactions: RedOctobyr

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Thanks. So it looks like you're storing it with the wheel cradles removed. Any chance I could ask you for the measurement at the widest width (looks like that's the bar for the rear wheels), and the overall length front-to-back?

I'm trying to get a sense of how much footprint it would require in the garage. I'm seeing appeal in having the center portion as a 23" lift table. And in it not hitting the deck hanger parts of our machines, when fully raised. There is one of these for sale in my area, and I'm contemplating a change. But I do like how my MoJack folds up and leans against the garage wall, requiring very minimal storage space. Which is always in short supply.

PS- I didn't mean it to sound like a rush, sorry. The listing has been up for a while, but I saw it, and got to thinking.

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Thanks. So it looks like you're storing it with the wheel cradles removed. Any chance I could ask you for the measurement at the widest width (looks like that's the bar for the rear wheels), and the overall length front-to-back?

I'm trying to get a sense of how much footprint it would require in the garage. I'm seeing appeal in having the center portion as a 23" lift table. And in it not hitting the deck hanger parts of our machines, when fully raised. There is one of these for sale in my area, and I'm contemplating a change. But I do like how my MoJack folds up and leans against the garage wall, requiring very minimal storage space. Which is always in short supply.
Yeah. Gimme a minute

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
19.5" wide at the bar below the wheels and 44" long from the back of the wheels to the front bottom tubing.

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
19.5" wide at the bar below the wheels and 44" long from the back of the wheels to the front bottom tubing.
Thanks, that's a big help. Unfortunately, that's still good-sized, even when the cradles are off. Our garage is not very big. I think that would be a tight squeeze by my car, unfortunately.

But it made me take another look at my MoJack. If I flipped its wheel cradles over, maybe I could attach a wooden or metal frame across them, and make a platform that way. Hmm, I'll have to look into this. It still wouldn't be as nice/solid as what the Fischer provides. But the platform itself could be wider, the jack requires less space, and this idea would be close to free, anyways.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts