My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally pulled the plug. Went out last Friday and purchased a Craftsman 42" lawn sweeper from the local Sears Outlet store. Took about and hour and a half to put it together on Saturday. Estimating the time because I took a lunch break before putting the bag on. A guy has gotta eat.

Directions were pretty good and it was not difficult as some have said in a variety of reviews I read. I like the fact that there are actual metal chains to turn the brushes and not plastic ones. Came well greased but I'll check that in the spring when there will be more to sweep.

First run was Sunday morning. It took a couple of passes to get the brushes set at the proper height. Once set I used a red sharpie to mark the setting so I don't forget. Works very well. I mulch the leaves first then I go over the area with the sweeper. Some of the areas I have to do take a couple of passes mulching before I can sweep. Darn oaks and maples!!! It even sweeps the leaves off the driveway!

The tongue is long enough so when making tight turns it doesn't bind up on the tractor which is a big plus for me. Backing up to dump is easy. This is going to make getting up the leaves much easier from now on. The wife even said she'd like to try it!

Here's a couple of pics all hooked up.

Attachments

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
:thThumbsU and it is okay to paint it GREEN!!

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Congrats and enjoy it. slkpk

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I got the same one a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I'll second everything you said. I was expecting some kind of assembly nightmare from all the sweeper reviews I read but it was quite easy. Sears even has a video assembly guide on their website. I had no idea a sweeper could work that well at picking up leaves.

My only problem.... wondering why I didn't get one sooner.

·
Banned
4,069 Posts
Same one here too, still working good after 2 + years of use. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I bought the same one several years ago and haven't had a nickles worth of trouble out of it. I do pull the wheels and lube up the drive each year before useing but that's my total maintance on it. I did make a bracket and put on the sweeper along with a swing boom lift for the three point hitch so I can lift the sweeper up when it gets full and then go dump it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts