My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Sorry about the post guys, I just wanted to ask a simple question. Didn't mean to make this negative.......I like to have a good looking lawn and if I can do it with a 29 year tractor awesome.
You have NOTHING to be sorry about .. It only turned negative when someone decided to pick your idea apart .. which has NOT gone unnoticed :thanku:

Do you have a Bakery ?? Fresh baked stuff .. yummy

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
I am planning on making my Murry make stripes! Few projects ahead of it tho. Probablly add a brush or a strip of conveyor belting behind the rear tires attached to the hitch somehow! :trink39:
Those are Nice stripes fouracres!

·
Administrator
12,769 Posts
Sorry about the post guys, I just wanted to ask a simple question. Didn't mean to make this negative.......I like to have a good looking lawn and if I can do it with a 29 year tractor awesome.
I don't blame you a bit for wanting to make the most of your property or machine. No need for the apology (reasons stated above), it was a question I've thought about myself. Take care.. :trink39:

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I will join the others here and also say that there is nothing to be sorry about. You have/had a legitimate question and asked it. You cannot help the responses that you received.

Everything here has been noticed.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
My MF10 has a full width roller on the back of the deck and stripes pretty good......I find it a pain to get the stripes straight, so I dont much even try anymore......lol
If you weren't so cheap, you'd have a GPS guidance system on it and then those lines would be dead straight. Of course, you might crash into that tree but if you install an air bag, that shouldn't hurt too much. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
10,839 Posts
1.Kind of figured I would get that response......

2.Think I will try the brush idea out and if anyone cares, (which doesn't seem likely) I will post pics of the install.
You will not get that response often. We're called the friendliest tractor forum for a reason, that BS won't stand. I don't know what that duds problem is, but he can take a long walk off a short dock and cool off.

I'm guessing that if you go ahead and attempt to build a homemade striping kit for your Case, it will followed with great interest and lots of folks will be willing to help out. I've considered doing the same on the rear of my JD 212. Looking forward to discussing this further, and don't be shy about asking more questions. We have a Texan Internet Ranger around here. :trink39:

·
10,839 Posts
Of course, you might crash into that tree but if you install an air bag, that shouldn't hurt too much. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
How is he going to see with you or I sitting on the hood? :banghead3
Oh wait, car-style airbag. Gotcha. :fing32:

:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
i'm curious what replacement costs have to do with anything, what would it cost to replace my 224?
R U sitting down Dave?

A new 3000 with a deck cost more than $5000.00 today and that's what you would have to buy to replace that 200 series you have. So...take care of your Rolls Royce tractor and it will take care of you.

·
Registered
690 Posts
R U sitting down Dave?

A new 3000 with a deck cost more than $5000.00 today and that's what you would have to buy to replace that 200 series you have. So...take care of your Rolls Royce tractor and it will take care of you.
wow, I guess that sounds about right though, considering when I walked by some Craftsmen mowers in sears and some were 2 grand.

I'm still trying to figure out what that says about me though, lol. I use a tractor that would cost 5 grand to replace. I drive a truck that is not made anymore, I guess that is priceless then.

·
Registered
60 Posts
After I bought my used 6116 simplicity broadmoor I found out some interesting facts. Once you stripe the lawn once, it kind of gets addicting. And secondly dandelions look pretty darn good after a good striping...

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
Double blades will do the same thing.

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
Lawn Striping looks awesome.

I really like the look when it's done properly.

I wouldn't mind having mine look like that.

HOWEVER..........................

My neighbor's big dogs keep trying to re-decorate it with brown polka-dots.

·
2,132 Posts
wow, I guess that sounds about right though, considering when I walked by some Craftsmen mowers in sears and some were 2 grand.

I'm still trying to figure out what that says about me though, lol. I use a tractor that would cost 5 grand to replace. I drive a truck that is not made anymore, I guess that is priceless then.
Yeah went to Sears to look at the $5,999.99, believe me it`s nothing to get excited about. It`s called a Craftsmen Professional. Looks like a Simplicity painted black with yellow under pinnings. Get this, you can call this sticker shock Reg Price: $7469.99 Sale price Savings: $1470.00 priced at $5999.99. and at that price, it doesn't even have a commercial grade motor. Will that still be around in 30 or 40 years? That will turn into a sales dud, and Sears is know for their throw away mowers.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
I wouldn't be too quick to write that tractor off as being a throw-away model because it does weigh in at 916 pounds. You don't get to that weight but using plastic parts and thin sheet metal. They don't state what model Briggs engine is in it but they are attempting to win the "my willy is bigger than your willy" contest by offering the ridiculous amount horsepower at 30 ponies. That's double what is actually needed to spin up a 54" deck and way more than what can be put to the ground on any tractor in that class.

All that tells me is that the use of HP ratings as a marketing tool hasn't gone away. A new Ingersoll 3000 series would spank that Sears so bad it isn't even funny and since Sears decided to make something that sells at that price-point, they are up against some stiff competition from Deere, Kubota, Ingersoll, Cub Cadet, Simplicity and likely a few others. Somehow, I don't think that the 10.5 inch rear rims and the 6 inch front rims are going to inspire the educated consumer to buy this machine but the uneducated will go ga-ga over the power steering, diff lock and cup holder. Why they would go with those wheel sizes is mind-boggling since this is supposed to be a GT. Can you easily find AG tires in 10.5" ? I don't know because I've never looked. But if this is supposed to be a real GT then why oh why would you not offer it with 12 inch rubber?

Also... no mention as to who's trans-axle is in this unit or the model number. Once again, savvy buyers are going to want to know because hydro failures are expensive.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07128985000P?prdNo=8&blockNo=8&blockType=G8

·
2,132 Posts
I wasn`t trying to say this thing would be sitting out by the street wait for a ride to the dump. Here the landfill charges you $20.00 to drop anything off that got gas or oil in it, and you can`t pick stuff up either, even if you try to buy it so the town does loose the their fee I was told. Which was stupid if you ask me, you pay 20 to drop it off they could get 20 more if someone needed it for a parts mower, so they would make money not lose it. The manager at the land fill is a women, she`s mostly following orders maybe?

According to Sears web site. The 30 HP Briggs & Stratton Professional Series engine™ with Electronic Fuel Management delivers consistent automotive style starting with no choking required. I`ll see what Simplicity has listed. There web site only lists a Kohler Command and the only tractor that matched was the Prestige two wheel drive, granted it has a lot of features unlike most of Craftsmen mowers. But if I was going to spend that kind of money I`d go to a Simplicity dealer and get a red tractor not a black heat magnet. I don`t understand that color choice, these tractors spend there life mowing lawns and out in the sun. There not air conditioned like a sporty 2dr with air. I own a black pick up truck and the only reason I bought it was price low miles and it had the big 6 in it, believe me that thing gets hot when closed up.

Spanking yeah I like that. Thats why I got the Case because of the hydraulics. Plus I think maybe the reason the hood and fenders are the cream color is because they`d cooler in the sun, that just a guess.

The Prestige two wheel drive uses a Tuff Torq® K71 Hydro that doesn't mean much, I`d need to see it in print.

Got to go to work, I`d like to spend the day here, but that don`t get things done or make me money.

later

·
Registered
172 Posts
How about using a round baler belt? Just my 2 cents:trink40:

21 - 40 of 58 Posts