My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the grass groomer kit on my X758 with the 54HC deck and it doesn’t work well at all. Doesn’t seem to produce a good stripes. I’m interested in this roller kit if it works on the 54HC deck. I have the same grass groomer kit that I modified to fit my 318 with the 50” deck and it produces very nice stripes when I mow with the 318.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes both tractors are set up for for the same height I cut lawns a 3.5”. I had the brush set at the same height. I tried adjusting the brush on the X758 all the way down thinking it would lay down better stripes but hasn’t. When I bought the 54HC deck this spring for the X758 and purchased the grass groomer kit for that deck at the same time. Was very impressed with the same groomer kit that I modified to fit the deck on the 318 and figured the new 54HC deck should have a better cut and lay down better stripes. When I mow with the X758 you can’t even see the stripes may as well not even have the groomer installed. I actually had a few customers complain when I switched to using the X758 for lawn cutting that the stripes weren’t present in there lawn. Had to go back using the 318. Is this roller kit something new? I don’t remember this being available for the 54 HC deck. I only remember seeing a roller kit for the 7 iron decks?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts