My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking around for a striping kit for my x758 and I came across the kit below. I know that there was a kit (Part Number: BM23648) for the 54 and 62" decks and several people had tried to make work for the 60 with no luck.

And I just don't think the alternative of the "Grass Groomer" is going to last that long. This looks a little more rugged. I found it on two separate dealers websites for areas covering Nebraska Kansas and Iowa region.

Has anyone looked into it or tried to order it. I would love to have it. I have not tried to call the dealers yet but I cannot find the Price.

Its listed under Accessoires and Attachments sub-section "Mower Decks" for the different models X750 and X738 in particular. However its not listed on the X758 page.

https://landmarkimp.com

https://deerequipment.com

BUC10611 Roller striping kit (60 HC mower decks) - 5854MBUC10611
Test plot striping done using roller striping attachment

Test plot striping done using roller striping attachment

Roller striping attachment installed on 60 HC Mower Deck

Roller striping attachment installed on 60 HC Mower Deck
Overview

Roller striping attachments are available for X700 Signature Series Tractors equipped with a 54-in. (137-cm) or 60-in. (152-cm) HC Mower Deck.

Benefits
  • The roller striping kit bends the grass while mowing. Grass blades bent towards you look dark, while those bent away way look lighter.
  • Add striping capability to any X700 Signature Series Tractor with a 54 HC or 60 HC Mower Deck.
  • Compatibility of other attachments and equipment is not affected by use of the roller striping attachment except for the LP46468 54 HC and 60 HC grass groomer, which occupies the same space.
  • Stripe your lawn to look like a ballpark.
Additional details
Rear mower wheels replaced with roller striping attachment

Rear mower wheels replaced with roller striping attachment
The rear mower wheels are replaced by the lawn roller striping attachment using the mower’s standard wheel spindles. Roller height is adjustable with the spindles, the same as with the standard wheels:
  • When lawn striping is desired, cutting height is controlled by the roller position, and the mower weight is supported by the rear roller.
  • When lawn striping is not desired, the tractor’s mower deck height-of-cut control knob can be used to set cutting height, and the roller can be adjusted so it is just above the ground in a similar way as the wheels.
SPECIFICATIONS

54 HC roller striping attachment60 HC roller striping attachment
Overall width at mounting bolt56.1 in. (142.5 cm)59.1 in. (150.1 cm)
Roller diameter2 in. (5.1 cm)2 in. (5.1 cm)
Shaft diameter0.875 in. (2.22 cm)0.875 in. (2.22 cm)
COMPATIBILITY
Mower gauge wheel, model year 2013 to 2016 with 1/2-in. (12.7-mm) increments

Mower gauge wheel, model year 2013 to 2016 with 1/2-in. (12.7-mm) increments

Mower gauge wheel, model year 2017 and newer with 1/4-in. (6.4-mm) increments

Mower gauge wheel, model year 2017 and newer with 1/4-in. (6.4-mm) increments
Model year 2017 and newer (serial number 050,001-) mower decks require no additional parts.

Model year 2013 to 2016 HC Mower Decks (serial number 010,001-050,000) that are equipped with the early version rear gauge wheel posts they were shipped with require the newer components as follows:

For 54 HC Mower Deck
QuantityPart numberDescription
2AM148156Yoke
2M177536Locking pin
2M177537Handle
2M112219Spring
234H251Roll pin
234M7125Roll pin

For 60 HC Mower Deck
QuantityPart numberDescription
1AM148123Yoke
1AM148365Yoke
2M177536Locking pin
2M177537Handle
2M112219Spring
234H251Roll pin
234M7125Roll pin

Alternatively, these upgrade kits include the new-style gauge wheels:
  • For 54 HC Mower Deck: AM148127 wheel – gauge wheel, 54 HC service kit
  • For 60 HC Mower Deck: AM148128 wheel – gauge wheel, 60 HC service kit
NOTE: The roller striping attachments are designed for the width of the gauge wheel yoke opening of the model year 2017 and newer gauge wheel posts, which are required as they are wider than the yoke opening of the model year 2016 and older gauge wheel posts. The newer posts also provide the advantage of smaller adjustment increments and heat treatment to provide additional strength.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I bought the BM23648 kit for my 2016 X750. Apparently it had already been on the way to being replaced with this newer BUC10611 kit. But I had no way of knowing that at the time. May still be some limited supplies of the older kit. The BM23648 works with all size decks available to the best of my knowledge. With the possible exception of the 48" deck. I'd have to track down the paperwork to be sure.

I installed it on the 2016 60HC deck. It was really no problem. It was just a matter of choosing the right bracket for each end from the pile they sent in the kit. I had a lot of left-over brackets.

Looking at the 2020 X758 I just took delivery of. I could see no difference in the rear gauge wheels. I did not have them in my hand. But just looking back and forth, I thought, yeah, that roller stripper kit should work.

How did it work? I thought it did well. I did not run it right on the ground. Close. More to keep the deck level and not see as many little scalps in the lawn. I think some call that "terracing". Seems the width of the deck, 2ply turf tires, and the heavy tractor slightly rolling side to side on bumpy ground makes this more noticeable than a smaller deck would.

Problems. About that. I lost one clip that keeps the rollers in place. The kit came with extra hardware. The hex head bolt on the left end wants to grab everything and not let go. I was thinking I probably should find a round Allen head bolt to replace it. Maybe less snagging stuff. Before I got that done, the weld on the gauge wheel let go. Dang! We tried to weld it back exactly the same angle, but missed ever so slightly and the roller would not go back on. I did not want to spend the money for a new gauge wheel bracket. I am going to change that bolt and there looks to be no reason it won't install on the X758.

This new BUC10611 kits looks to have a different kind of gauge wheel hardware. Or some brackets that help to keep from breaking the gauge wheel welds. That's all I can tell from a photo on it. I searched it for X758 and it's listed for both decks. With the pricing. Attachments, Implements and Parts Search Lookup | John Deere US

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the grass groomer kit on my X758 with the 54HC deck and it doesn’t work well at all. Doesn’t seem to produce a good stripes. I’m interested in this roller kit if it works on the 54HC deck. I have the same grass groomer kit that I modified to fit my 318 with the 50” deck and it produces very nice stripes when I mow with the 318.

·
Registered
184 Posts
So you have the same kit on both tractors @Wisconsin Cowman but it only works well one of them? Are they both mowing at the same height and adjusted the same? Interesting information on the groomer kit.

I would like to get one either way and the roller kit seems like the better option since you would only have one thing to adjust when taking the deck on and off. However, I also have a drainage ditch at the front of my property that I mow and wonder if the roller kit would either big on when going through it or get damaged even.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes both tractors are set up for for the same height I cut lawns a 3.5”. I had the brush set at the same height. I tried adjusting the brush on the X758 all the way down thinking it would lay down better stripes but hasn’t. When I bought the 54HC deck this spring for the X758 and purchased the grass groomer kit for that deck at the same time. Was very impressed with the same groomer kit that I modified to fit the deck on the 318 and figured the new 54HC deck should have a better cut and lay down better stripes. When I mow with the X758 you can’t even see the stripes may as well not even have the groomer installed. I actually had a few customers complain when I switched to using the X758 for lawn cutting that the stripes weren’t present in there lawn. Had to go back using the 318. Is this roller kit something new? I don’t remember this being available for the 54 HC deck. I only remember seeing a roller kit for the 7 iron decks?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Same height I cut my lawn at as well so good to know the groomer doesn't work so that I don't buy it.

Pretty sure this roller kit is new. I just bought my X738 in June and it was not an available option when I bought mine. The only thing available then was the groomer. I wonder if maybe a lot of people complained it didn't work very well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is that using the BUC10611 kit?
Yes that is correct, I ordered it through my JD dealer; in addition I also ordered/use a pair of JD Yokes AM148156 since I did not want to use the original deck yokes/wheels; this way I can swap the stripe kit and install original deck yoke/wheels very quickly if I want since I have the auto connect and drive over deck .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts