My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Solid State Power
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you guys say the Insight series compares to the other 4-cycle mowers out on the market today?

I came across a decent priced 10685 not that long ago and worked it pretty hard for a season and it performed quite well to be honest. I was surprised. Of course it's nothing compared to the late generation 2-cycle commercial I would normally use...but that's beside the point. I'd just like to hear some of your opinions on how these recent LB models stack up to the other brands.

Also, does anyone know how well are these models selling for Lawnboy/Toro and doing on the market?

Thanks,

-mw

·
Administrator
21,222 Posts
Hey, Midwest Mower, glad you found us! You are going to get plenty of responses to your questions, I assure you. Be sure to check in often and see all the other forums this site has to offer. Fun place to hang around.

·
Solid State Power
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm just glad I finally found a place where fellow lawn-boy enthusiasts congregate! Looks like a great forum!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Consumer reports likes the new lawnboys. They did not like the duraforce mowers back when they were out.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
its the best low cost mower currently aval-provided you dont get the personal pace model.
Dan, I have a 10685 that is a personal pace model and I would like to know why you mention this particular one. Are the transmissions weak??? Reason I ask is, I picked this mower up for free, but the angle gear on the axle is stripped. Is this a weak point in the mower? While these are not my favorite Lawn Boy (Girl), the mower seems to otherwise do a good job. Light, good power (6.5 Tec), leaves a smooth cut and it starts farily easy. It is just the over all look of the mower you have to get past.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I myself have wondered about the new LB girls. I wanted a 10687 but it had a tecumseh on it. Where in NE are you?? I am near Lincoln

·
Solid State Power
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the responses everyone.

Mr. Fix It, to answer your question, I live in Lincoln. Born and raised. Just turned 30. Been cutting blades of grass with LB's since I was 10 or so. Caught the green fever at an early age, thanks to my father, who bought me a toy version LB that I used to follow him around the yard with when he mowed using his 70's and 80's era 2-cycle LBs. Miss those days very much....

Anyways, I was thinking about 'toughening' up the 10685 I have, making some cosmetic adjustments so to speak that are more in line with the commercial LB stuff. For starters, I would like to get rid of those bulbous wheels and replace it with the orange ones found on 22270/71. I think I'd like those much better. Hopefully they will fit properly on the 10685. Does anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
jw-the personal pace requires a slight nudge from the operator to sp at very low ground speeds and this is tiresome in thick st aug grass and for doing slopes and hills . its great for the home owner who dost have a lot of variety in his mowing but is a drawback for comm use. i dont know about its reliability.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts