My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This Saturday, 9/25/10 there is a lawn & garden tractor fun run starting at noon at the Norwood Tap in Norwood IL...just west of Peoria IL a couple of miles off Farmington Rd. This is basically what most would call a poker run, but for liability reasons of course it can't be called that from what I hear.

The word I hear is that it will begin at noon and travel throughout the small community to several check points and then end back at the Norwood Tap.

Entry Fee is $10 so bring your LT/GT and your trailer with the little lady and enjoy!

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with this event, I'm simply passing along the info I found and plan on attending and hopefully meeting some MTF members.

Mods & Admins...feel free to post as a sticky across LT/GT Forums.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a bump to the top...any members planning on attending?

·
forkz
5,950 Posts
sounds like fun but to far away for me

·
4K Poster!!!
4,503 Posts
I'd love to, but too far away...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well...it started out beautiful Saturday morning...sunshine and brisk, but nice. On the way over to the event a wall of clouds started moving in and by the time I travelled the 15 minutes to the event it was totally overcast and seemingly much cooler.

After some early prep at the tap...both figuratively and literally...the event got underway about 12:30. The first stop went fine...more prep work...ahem...and after 25 minutes or so we on the road to the 2nd stop. Since I was one of only 2 that actually trailered in, ZI could no longer partake in any "prep" work...everyone else lives there and gladly soldiered on in the best tractoring tradition... ;) The little lady went with me and was also able to keep things well lubricated while I stopped at 3.

At the 2nd stop we encountered a very light sprinkle and decided to forge on to stop #3. At this point, we arrived just after a light but steady rain developed...oh boy! Luckily we were able to park under some trees and spent about 45 minutes there hoping the rain would let up...it finally did slightly and we continued to stop #4...I might add all these stops are local homes with the owners participating in the fun run...and of course half way to this stop it began raining harder...thank goodness the Prestige has a little higher top-speed than many of the machines as I was able to arrive first and picked out a primo parking location. The owner has a very large garage including a climate controlled paint booth...plenty large to hold the 30 or so people.

Ok, the rain is not letting up so we drew 2 cards here...my hand is now not looking good after initially getting a 8, 9 & 10 of hearts...all down hill from there...and then draw the last card back at the tap. Of course most everyone else took the tractors home and took their cars/trucks back to the tap...now about a mile away...we didn't have that luxury and got a little wet on the way.

Played a lot of high/low at each of the stops and back at the tap with the proceeds going to a great cause...also had some killer brats donated that were inhaled...err consumed. Everybody seemed to be in great spirits and largely had a great time!

We'll be planning on attending again at the spring event which I will try to post more notice across the different forums.

I'll also post up some pics when I can get the uploaded tonight...and I finally got to see a Steiner 430 in person...it's a beast of a Garden Tractor!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts