My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Deceased, April 2015
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Labor Day Everyone!

My recent 8155 acquisition has been a great mower and has become my "daily driver". However, because of the nature of the exhaust plumbing that was necessary because of the Blade Brake Clutch, and because it seems still to lack a normal amount of reserve power in heavy grass, I believe I'm still fighting carbon buildup between ports and muffler. The ports are clear, btw.

I know that Seafoam is used to knock out carbon by flooding the intake system with it until the engine stalls, waiting 5 minutes, restarting, and enjoying the smoke show. The process is all over YouTube, but mainly car engines.
Would this process risk damage to a two stroke that depends on an oil premix for bottom end lubrication? I've thought about that and that's what's preventing my from trying this.

I wouldn't use Seafoam anyway. Berryman's B12 liquid cleaner is much less expensive and the ingredients can't be that different.

Thoughts?

Charlie

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
I mix seafoam with my gas all the time. Sometimes i will pour more seafoam in the tank if it could use a little extra. I wouldnt put any seafoam down the intake til it stalls but thats just me...

BTW, Happy Labor Day as well :trink39:

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
ditto,but i deep creep (reg sea foma in spray can.) mine all the time,espically my BBC since i ended up with a clogged muffler,and sea foam has some lubracating abilitys since deep creep is a penatrating oil and for me is my most heavy duty spray that i know of.

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
It won't hurt anything as the engine is still burning the oil ratio in the gas as it stumbles to clean itself out on SeaFoam. There is another product in an aerosol can called LMT (Lawn Mower Tune-up) made by B'Laster sold at Lowes in their small engine parts area. About $3-$4 per can, and you can use similar to SeaFoam. Works pretty good also.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
It won't hurt anything as the engine is still burning the oil ratio in the gas as it stumbles to clean itself out on SeaFoam. There is another product in an aerosol can called LMT (Lawn Mower Tune-up) made by B'Laster sold at Lowes in their small engine parts area. About $3-$4 per can, and you can use similar to SeaFoam. Works pretty good also.
I saw that almost grabbed it to try it and settled again on the deep creep...because well us creeps need to stick together.

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
I saw that almost grabbed it to try it and settled again on the deep creep...because well us creeps need to stick together.
lmfao,thats so true.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts