My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody could tell me if they have either a paint # for the iron horse model 5000 mowers or at least the name of the paint colors that are used on this mower. My dad wants to restore his mower this winter and I thought maybe someone could give us this info,otherwise, we will just take it into the paint store all cleaned up and see if they could match it. Also, this machine is in need of wheels and also the handle bar and was wondering if anybody had them and if so, would be willing to sell them. Just found a new coil for it on ebay so the project is in motion. Thanks to anybody who has input on this

·
Banned
864 Posts
To find paint color I would need year it was made and the model of the mower
EDIT: I see you posted that already.

Thanks
Kori

·
Registered
443 Posts
I believe others have used Rustoleum (if yours is green and red)...the name of the green has slipped my mind...maybe Moss green?, but the red is "Paprika". I have a lot of old "C-series" engine parts (coils, points, pistons, rings, gaskets, etc.) if you need something you can't find. There's a guy on ebay who sells replacement wheels. They aren't exact, but they are as close as you are going to find and they have ball bearings in them so they are actually an improvement. I have one extra 6" (front) wheel if you are interested.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe others have used Rustoleum (if yours is green and red)...the name of the green has slipped my mind...maybe Moss green?, but the red is "Paprika". I have a lot of old "C-series" engine parts (coils, points, pistons, rings, gaskets, etc.) if you need something you can't find. There's a guy on ebay who sells replacement wheels. They aren't exact, but they are as close as you are going to find and they have ball bearings in them so they are actually an improvement. I have one extra 6" (front) wheel if you are interested.
Hey Jimbird
Thanks for the help, I think the mower is a 1955 model year, I am going to go out to my parents house to take a look and make sure the model # is correct. As of now, we just bought a coil for it off ebay for $39.00. I will let you know if we need anything else. The engine has great compression and looks great inside. I am assuming the points are the same as the points used in the d-400's right? Anyway, thanks again for your help and I will keep you posted on the project.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This winter is almost over...Just saying
Hey lawnman,
Your exact on that, it is almost over and we wished to get started on this earlier, but I was working lots of overtime and still am, but also making sure to keep ahead of projects because man, springtime comes fast, but thats totally fine with me, its my favorite season!!

·
Banned
864 Posts

·
Cityboy
607 Posts
Aren't those plastic wheel that look like steel?

Curtis

·
Registered
443 Posts
Curtis, I have seen the originals both ways. My Quietflite had metal wheels on the rear...the front had been replaced with plastic, so I don't know what they originally were. In some older brochure pictures of LB's, they definitely look plastic. The replacements I bought for my Quietflite are steel.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all of you who have responded to this thread. I really appreciate it and so does my dad. This really helps get this project underway with a known paint color, Jimbird and Citiboy with help on wheels and other parts,it really means a lot. I will keep you all updated on this project!!

·
Banned
864 Posts
Your welcome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.