My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one tell me the equivalent to Lawn boy grease A and B. I'm guessing B is a wheel bearing/axle grease and A is a lighter grease like a white Lithium grease?

·
5,413 Posts
I'm sure someone will have the exact answer but I use the lithium grease for most everything on the Lawnboy. Probably similar to the A type. I grease recoil springs, wheel bolts, capstan transmission and rollers, etc. Bill

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Bill, that why I was asking. I just acquired a 8401 and capstan transmission are new to me. The manual list B grease for the drive unit.

·
5,413 Posts
Not sure what Lawnboy B grease is. The service manual only refers to Lawnboy A grease on the F series capstan drive. Can you provide a link where it shows to use Lawnboy B grease? Bill

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It appears B is only for under the black cover. The gear to gear part and A is for the zerk fittings or bearings and bushings. Can someone please post a pic of A grease container.
Aldo

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I realize any good quality grease would work. Heck the machine is 30 years old and still going strong, I just like to keep thing original and to dealer spec.

·
5,413 Posts
If you look closely it says under drive gears to grease at point B with Lawnboy A grease. I saw that and almost misread it myself.

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using MyTractorForum Free App mobile app

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bill you're right! That why I was asking. No such thing as a dumb question. I just needed clarification. Thanks Bill,
Aldo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts