My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys well I got a 22241 and its great got it for 75 bucks off craigslist and needed a few minor things but anyways it has one major problem and that is that it starts fine and then it wont turn off with the bail at all unless i turn the gas off so if anyone can help me that would be awesome thanks in advance
:)

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Hey guys well I got a 22241 and its great got it for 75 bucks off craigslist and needed a few minor things but anyways it has one major problem and that is that it starts fine and then it wont turn off with the bail at all unless i turn the gas off so if anyone can help me that would be awesome thanks in advance
:)
There should be an ignition cut-off just follow the bail wire down and you'll see where the pivot arm is supposed to contact the kill switch. Make sure it makes contact with the switch and grounds out the ignition-it should move a small copper piece when it hits it-as you release the bail cable. If not just bend the piece so they make contact.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
So to make sure I have this correct. When you pull back on the bail, that spring compresses and engages the metal contacts, thus allowing you to start and run the motor.
Likewise when you release the bail, the metal contacts disengage and the mower stops?

Just picked up a 10515 and half of a 10518. Looking to make a good mower out of them both, and possibly switch the deck out and put it on my 10323, but I haven't looked at that much yet.

·
Lawn-Boys Everywhere
1,295 Posts
So to make sure I have this correct. When you pull back on the bail, that spring compresses and engages the metal contacts, thus allowing you to start and run the motor.
Likewise when you release the bail, the metal contacts disengage and the mower stops?
:thThumbsU

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Thanks! I figured that is how it was, but I can get into trouble going around figurin'!!!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

Just picked up a 10515 and half of a 10518. Looking to make a good mower out of them both, and possibly switch the deck out and put it on my 10323, but I haven't looked at that much yet.
Actually, if you check with an ohm meter, the contacts are being electrically opened when you pull the bail and then shorted to ground when you release the bail. Same thing only different as my daughter would say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts