My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Did you remove the pilot jet from the side and clean it? If so, then you should try a #40 jet. If that doesn't clear it up, most of have done well(including myself) with running the 42.5 pilot jet along with a very slight opening of the main jet using a #68 micro drill bit. I have a 324 that wouldn't cooperate at all until I did this. Now, it runs very smooth and even, both at low and high speed.

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Im having the same issue as the original post. Can anyone tell me if this drill bit set will have the #68 bit that I need? Any suggestions appreciated. I suspect that the only reason I would buy this set is for that particular bit, I doubt I will use any of the other bits. In other words, I dont want to spend 50-100 bucks on a set of wire bits that I wont use. Thanks. Oh, and I have the 42.5 briggs pilot jet already, have not installed it yet.

http://www.amazon.com/20-Pc-Wire-Ga...f=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1284065634&sr=8-11
Looks like it has what you need 1lawnboy. I buy Briggs jets as they are half the price as Suzuki branded parts. In the past, Suzuki #40's cost be about $8each whereas the 42.5 Briggs are about $4.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.