My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all......it has been a while since I last visited or posted.

Last year my Lawn Boy 10550 started the ole suging thing. Today, I finally got around to starting it since last fall. Mower started right up but the motor was surging. Ok, no biggy....I remove the carb. and it was SPOTLESS! I disassembeled it, cleaned and blew air through it. Re-assembled and burruummm....and the surge is still there. What's going on?
Thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This model, 10550 with the DuraForce 6.5 has the plastic body carb. I don't believe it has a pilot jet. I do remember, my commercial mower had the alum. body carb. and that did have a pilot jet on the side of the carb.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies.
Now, I am going to sound real dumb here. ARE YOU KIDDING ME, THE PILOT JET IS BEHIND THE DECAL?? I installed a new deck, shortblock, all new wheels, disassembled the gearbox & packed it with new grease and cleaned the carb., several times and you are telling me there is a pilot jet behind the decal. GEEEZ...I never pulled that decal off, I thought this (Plastic) model carb lacked a removable pilot jet.

OK, what ratio am I using? 40:1 with Klotz 2 cyle oil. I love the smell!

Now, who can supply a # 40 Suzuki jet?

Thank You!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup...sure is..I pulled the decal off and there is the pilot jet. Pilot jet # 37.5. I totally rebuilt this mower and it looks like new but it never ran great, ran good but had a surge.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The wire on my wire brush is a perfect fit to clean the pilot jet. However, I still want to change it to a # 40 Suzuki jet. Who is a relaible supplier for this jet?
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.