My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, long time lurker 1st time poster here. I recently added a another mower to keep my 10323 company. :)

I picked up a 1997 10518 which is pretty nice. After mowing with it I noticed some gas leaking on the deck by the carb. I coudnt see any cracked hoses or anything obvious. I took the air filter out and it was soaked in gas.

What causes a air filter to become soaked in a gas after the mower is ran?

Thanks

·
Lawn Boys Never Die
2,049 Posts
sounds like u need a new needlle and seat/carb rebuild

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
yep that is what im sure it is, or your float level is set to high. do a search for a Duraforce carb rebuild or carb rebuild. They are practically the same. I just did my carb on my 10515, and his how-to was perfect

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I can't seem to find the thread on it. Can someone post a link and also the best place to get parts?

·
Lawn-Boy Nut
674 Posts
If the carb overhaul does not fix it (normally does), it could be a small pc. of debris stuck under one of the reeds as this will give you a similar symtom.

I had this on one of my "F" engines a year or so ago right after a complete rebuild. Gas would leak out of the carb only when running. With mower shut off, a full tank of gas, and the fuel shut off open ... not even a drip. Engine running there was a big puddle on the deck after 10-20 minutes.

My work area must not have been as "sterilized" as I thought ... go figure !!

Doug

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have never re-built a carb before so this will be a good winter project. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts