My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally put together my 10424... it is a mower I've wanted for a long while now.

I've had a deck sitting here for a couple months, but no shortblock for it, and I was going to save it (the deck) for my 22260. Well I had a 10550 that I didn't have much interest in so I sold it minus the motor... that left me a motor for the 10424 deck!

Then I figured I'd wait because the deck is really nice and the one on my 22260 is cracked. Well I made another trade to get an additional '424 deck which is going to replace the one on my 22260.

I put a new trailing shield on, a new gas cap, new appliqué on the shroud and I gave it a little cleaning. It runs great, I'm going to wait until the lawn is nice and long before I use it.

So, I have to say thanks to Dave (grn68rt) for the nice '424 deck, and Troy (Iowa_Hawkeye) for buying the 10550 and trading me the extra deck. Lot of great people on here for sure :trink39:

Bob

Attachments

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Those 424's are nice for sure. What's up with the white muffler, did it get painted?

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not white, it is silver. Not painted either, just clean. The flash from the camera makes it look white.

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Nice looking 424 ya got there Bob! Did you do any pm'n to the Duraforce before you bolted it back down?

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 10550 it came from was for sure a low hour machine. So I just cleaned the carb, got the blade sharpened, new oiled air filter, and a fuel shut off. Going to put the foam in the primer bulb and put a fuel filter on it too.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Looks great Bob!! I kinda like the white muffler, kinda zebra style LOL!!! I know its not white, but that wouldnt look bad.

·
Registered
373 Posts
The 10550 it came from was for sure a low hour machine. So I just cleaned the carb, got the blade sharpened, new oiled air filter, and a fuel shut off. Going to put the foam in the primer bulb and put a fuel filter on it too.
Foam in the primer bulb??!? Never heard about doing this. Enlighten me, please.

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
These duraforce motors vent the carb through the primer bulb. These primer bulbs have a pin hole in the top of them and there is a tendency to get dirt in there and subsequently in the carb. This is what I've heard anyway...

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Correct Bob. After reading the tip from mtgrs737, I've cut out foam disc and oiled with air fliter oil to put under all of mine.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Looks like a great machine, Bob! :thThumbsU

I hope to use mine soon. I've been using the 10247, 5235 and 10547.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Lookin Good! I just got the "other" 424 running yesterday. I'm not sure why I sold you the cleaner one and kept that bad one for myself? Oops! They are awesome little machines. For some reason, I got more joy out of using my 424 than I did with my 22260. Maybe because that machine was a pain in the rear from day one...

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the kind words guys. I think I'll probably use it a couple times and then it'll get parked next to the 10547 and 10518... they're too clean to use!

·
LAWN-BOY-AHOLIC
1,349 Posts
Your 10424 looks like a new one! Good job putting that one together! I have a 10424 also and they are nice pushers. The foam filter material in the primmer bulb is an easy to do and very worthwhile mod that I posted on a couple years ago. I found lots of fine dirt in all mine, do a search to read about it. I have oiled foam in all my DF primmer bulbs. Shutoff valves and fuel filters are a must have also on the DF. Again, Great looking 10424!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts