My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got into the Kohler two wheeler world. Rough looking but great running 546 made it to me. Came with a long snout 106 to boot. Needs rings but still runs real good.

Sent from the MTF Free App

Attachments

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tractor had some well worn 4.80 Ags on it but I really want this tractor for mowing with the 40" Kidney or 50" 3 blade. I had these 16x7.50-8's and mounted them up. Sure pulls the 40" deck with ease.

·
Active member, now deceased, but not forgotten.
4,156 Posts
Looks like a solid snag Jimmy. Good luck with her.

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been looking for awhile and finally Broncoman76 helped me out. It smokes when throttled up or down so I'm guessing rings. It still pulls good though and doesn't use a ton of oil so I'm just going to service it and run it for now. I do like electric start though...

I do think it will encourage me to finally do my little 526 that has been/is sitting. I see they all have a place but I still love my old L's.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Awesome! Looks like a good candidate for you to do a paint job on :hide:

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome! Looks like a good candidate for you to do a paint job on :hide:
It camp right now....the wife doesn't notice it as it blends in with everything else! Really just the hood needs paint right now. If I get some time I'll strip it and shoot it back white. Then some stripes and itll look 100x better.

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't let your OL find out, new paint normally looks like cash to my wife.
EXACTLY! She already said she had a for sale sign for it! :hide:

·
Super Moderator
12,303 Posts
Nice Jimmy! The non-rebuilt (I just jinxed myself) Kohler is doing just fine on the 430.

I like the camo approach. Maybe I should try it. Are the 546s 10 hp?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Man Jimmy that 40" deck looks like it has been on that tractor for 20 years! Definitely a good reason to justify it to the wife at least... "Look honey they match!!"
I am with you on the L's though. I love the cut and the power from my Kohler tractor but the handle and nimbleness of my L's on these hills in the yard.
I hate it that your wife isn't excited about it but mine wasn't either when I brought it home. She was happy for you though!! :thThumbsU

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
It looks solid Jimmy but I can't say that it looks good. :D

Really, it does look like a good, solid tractor that will work just fine.

BMan, I just can't imagine why your wife wanted that machine gone? It just boggles the mind. :biglaugh:

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah it is 10 HP. Even smoking at startup and when throttled up or down...she's got some grunt. I'll paint the hood here before too long and get some stripes for it. Maybe this winter pull the motor down for some love in there.

·
New to this
222 Posts
Yeah it is 10 HP. Even smoking at startup and when throttled up or down...she's got some grunt. I'll paint the hood here before too long and get some stripes for it. Maybe this winter pull the motor down for some love in there.

Some new rings...new paint.........

·
Gravely1964
4,023 Posts
Finally got into the Kohler two wheeler world. Rough looking but great running 546 made it to me. Came with a long snout 106 to boot. Needs rings but still runs real good.
Must be Wall-E's (my 526's)big brother. Even has the same rustic look :D. Still a very nice machine Jimmy. Looks aren't everything you know :hide:

My K181 smokes alittle on a hard load change but not alot at all

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts