My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a 8237 tractor top from 1979 for the original owner. Very sound mechanicals, good cosmetics(except the pushbar), decals are okay, shroud is good. Needs one front tire. I will post photos very soon.

Paid a very low for it. Wasn't running, but spins free and burps. Will clean tomorrow.

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Good find. I seem to have 2 of them now, 2nd one needs a little work. From what I've read the 8237 was one of the best they made.

Never heard them called a tractor top though...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good find. I seem to have 2 of them now, 2nd one needs a little work. From what I've read the 8237 was one of the best they made.

Never heard them called a tractor top though...
I always thought the shroud looked like the hood of a tractor. I don't know if the marketing department and engineers got together thinking that it was design that would invoke a tractor theme.

How did the the bricktop get its name?

·
Lawn Boys Never Die
2,049 Posts
8237 is a great machine. I currently have 2 of them. I have heard people call them the vader shroud, as in Darth Vader.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
8237 is a great machine. I currently have 2 of them. I have heard people call them the vader shroud, as in Darth Vader.
Yeah, they kind of look like a Vader mask. I thought the M LB's were the robot looking machines.

This morning I took the shroud off. Lots of water in the tank. Luckily the valve was in the off position.

I engaged the drive bale this morning, but when I pulled to neutral, the wheels stayed locked. The bale actually lifts the axle to the drive rollers. What would cause this?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts