My Tractor Forum banner

921 - 932 of 932 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #922
UPDATE:

Well, despite my plans, I will not make it to the mow in.

We are behind schedule on moving to the new house, and I am behind schedule on several customer jobs, and unexpected family matters are keeping me very busy as well. I simply cannot spare the time.

Not to mention that the weather does not look good for Saturday, the day I planed to attend.

Sorry I will not get to see any of you who are there, I was really looking forward to it. I was even going to bring the 18-GLX, but like everything else going on, I have not had any time to clean here up a little.....

Hope the weather is not too bad, sorry I will not make it there.

Sheldon

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
Sorry to hear you can't make it this year, especially given its nearly in your back yard. I had hoped to go, but it's a bit far, and I could only make it late Saturday into Sunday. I've seen how everyone packs up early on Sunday morning with previous events, so it's not the best day to try to take it in.

Also, you are right, the weather is not expected to cooperate.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #924
UPDATE:

We are moved into the new house, and I am thinking I need to find a wing mower........

The leaves are starting to drop, so I might be looking for a Trac Vac trailer as well.

It takes about 2 hours to cut the lawn, a wing mower should reduce that by 45 minutes easily. The back is just a large open flat field with a few trees.....

More later,

Sheldon

·
Registered
808 Posts
Nice place! All you need is four bases and 18 kids and you'll have yourself a baseball game. I'm sure they'll let you umpire!

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #926
Thanks Greg, we are very happy with the new place.

Yes, the back yard is big.......

After raising three kids, and three step kids, and helping with some grand kids, I'm not sure I would want have 18 of them around at the same time.......

Sheldon

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #927
UPDATE: Well life is great at the new house.

We made it thru the few light snows this winter without needing the GRAVELY. Until I build a new garage, the driveway is small and the snow was not much.

Now not to make anyone mad, but I have to report, I cut the grass and mulched the remaining leaves in the yard on Sunday. This was the first time the tractor was even started since last fall, late October I think.

The tractor spent the winter in a one car garage sized shed we have at the new house.

So, after 5 months of inactivity, the tractor fired right up and ran perfectly, on the same 3/4 full tank of fuel that was sitting in it all winter. The battery did not need a jump, it has not been on a battery tender, or been started at any time since last fall.

The fuel in the tractor was not treated with any "typical" stabilizer, the fuel was treated with about 3-4 oz of Marvel Mystery Oil last year when the tank was filled last, which I find seems to lube the valves of the flat head Kohler Magnum.

It ran flawlessly for about 2 hours Sunday.

So, I stand by my theory, Ethanol or no, fuel brand/quality of additives makes all the difference.

Planning to build a detached shop/garage, hopefully this fall, to give the GRAVELY a nicer home.

Then I will have a lot more driveway, I'm sure I will be back in the snow removal business with the GRAVELY.

Still thinking about a wing mower for this big yard.

More later,

Sheldon

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #932
Well this change in the forum is "interesting".........

Have not had much time to do anything with the GRAVELY, very busy with family and work, and selling some of our excess real estate.

If we get the big house sold, I hope to be building a garage in the spring, and be seriously looking for a wing mower.

Sheldon

921 - 932 of 932 Posts