My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I had the mowers, etc. up and running. Still have snow covering 80% of what I generally mow. No temps above low 40's anytime soon:dunno:

Darn winter. I think the green machine has been sitting since November:crybaby:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Get a snowblower and plow for it; then you can run year round!!!

:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

(sorry; couldn't resist)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand...

I could use a snow blower. Have an old 4Runner with a plow. Trying to decide if it is worth buying a snow blower for a GX345. I think the JDs for this one are only single stage.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I don't know how you guys way up there do it lol. I'm a truck driver and I can mow my grass here in March and Apri, trees all green and flowers blooming.....then haul a load to Wisconsin and Minnesota and see a foot of snow. I would go stir crazy waiting for spring up there. Winter just doesn't want to let go.

But...home is where the heart is :) Here on the Kentucky-Tennessee state line the sun is shining and the grass is a foot tall in my hay field already. About noon I'm gonna get my John Deere out and crack open a cold Pabst Blue Ribbon and mow the lawn :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think I had the mowers, etc. up and running. Still have snow covering 80% of what I generally mow. No temps above low 40's anytime soon:dunno:

Darn winter. I think the green machine has been sitting since November:crybaby:
I feel your pain brother! :ditto:
I still have my snowblower attatched and I am headed outside to blow out some 2ft drifts from the last 2 days of snow.
The temp was (12) this morning

·
MTF Member
152 Posts
I like Spring time and the warm weather it brings, along with the birds singing and blossoms bursting with color. But I dread the thoughts of mowing the grass for the first time each year. I know it will be a continuous chore from then on until late Fall. I have better things to do than mowing grass today knowing that I will have to do it all over again the following week after week unless we get a Summer dry spell. :Disgus:

Tending my orchard and wood lot, now that's enjoyable. Next to camping and fishing that is. :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
All your fellow Minnesotans feel your pain. This time last year, I had all the cooler weather crops in the garden and the asparagus was already starting to come up. This year, it's still covered with a foot of snow. My chickens haven't been out of the coop in weeks and I have 100 meat birds coming on Tuesday and my portable coop is inaccessible. Might need a combination of the loader and X729 to dig it out!

·
Super Moderator
33,601 Posts
Well we didn't have any accumulation but we had snow here this morning! But I did get out and plow the garden today! Hope ol' man winter decides to give you all a break pretty soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts