My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I built this planter the other day. It's not big enough to plow with a tractor, but her arthritis is getting so she has trouble stooping down to garden at ground level, so we built this. This is my first attempt at using photobucket to post pictures here, so if it doesn't work I'll give it another try.

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
very nice, she's really going to enjoy that. looks like she's got it filled already...:thThumbsU

·
Registered
756 Posts
Nice work; a great project. I am sure your wife is very pleased with it.

My wife wandered by as I was looking at the picture and reminded me that my vacation begins in less than two weeks; with your permission, I would like to borrow your design

·
Premium Member
7,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Feel free to copy. We came up with that design after looking at pictures of a few different ones that she had seen in magazines and on line. I started with a pair of deck stair stringers and designed the rest of the frame around the dimensions of the stringers. Everything is pressure treated with the exception of the planter boxes and lattice, as she wanted to grow vegetables, and we didn't want the chemicals from the pressure treating to leach into the soil from the boxes, or directly into the cucumber and squash vines from the lattice. I figure that the pressure treated frame will last 10 to 20 years, and it will be easy to replace the planter boxes every 2 to 3 years if they do rot out. I think that the lattice is cyprus or cedar, so it shouldn't rot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts