My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dealer has one left for 625$ out the door. i am really thinking hard about getting it. the rest of my 21 fleet is aging and i dont want to mow with my real lawnboys unless i have too. also my 3 com toros with suzuki are n owe collectable as well! is a good excuse to get the last 22243. i am also doing more 21 mowing this year than ever. if i keep going-i am shure to talk myself into it

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Sounds like a good one to me, If I already didn't have so many mowers I'd give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Get it for sure! Will last a long time if taken care of, which I know you would.

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
No peer pressure or anything, but you KNOW you want it! :ROF

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Get it! I really like the 22243's and would take one over a 22261 anyday! The engine is nice, but I'm sure you already know, but remember to check the oil constantly!:goodl:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes wolf-the quantum is famous for leaking oil. otherwise i have no prob with it. i have one on a comm snapper and its smooth powerfull and reliable-just leaks oil ! you guys are a bunch of enablers! lol! . one thing is is will never get the chance to own one again. i need to see if the gatorblade that is sold for lawnboys will fit it. its got blade adaptor on it that looks sim to the normal lawnboy but the engine crankshaft is stock briggs with no taper as lawnboy does

·
Registered
972 Posts
yes wolf-the quantum is famous for leaking oil. otherwise i have no prob with it. i have one on a comm snapper and its smooth powerfull and reliable-just leaks oil ! you guys are a bunch of enablers! lol! . one thing is is will never get the chance to own one again. i need to see if the gatorblade that is sold for lawnboys will fit it. its got blade adaptor on it that looks sim to the normal lawnboy but the engine crankshaft is stock briggs with no taper as lawnboy does
I'd like to know the part number of the blade adapter. I checked the parts viewer and it shows a tapered crankshaft and standard blade adapter. I'm wanting it to do a swap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts