My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And the last cutting of the grass was done after sundown. The 20-G now has two new headlights, two new front tires, two new wheels on the deck, a replacement hood, new light switch, replacement ammeter bracket, and a lot of new paint. Still have to finish painting and get the hood decals on it plus put the new wheels on the rear of the deck and make a new headlight lens.

·
Super Moderator
13,134 Posts
Small world. I just brought the 814 back home for the winter today. It spends it's summers "out east" cutting grass.

I find it very rewarding to bring these tractors back to life. I try to make them look and run as close to new as I can within financial, and time allowence boundries.

It sounds like you have spent a good amount of time, and money on your 20-G.
I'm sure that you will find it all very worthwhile when you step back and take your first look at your completed project. I can't wait to see the pics!

And yes, it's the last day of the year. I wish you and everyone here a Very Happy, Healthy, and Safe New Year!

·
youtube.com/5Tractorguy
495 Posts
Sounds like the 20G is coming along nicely Don.

Happy new year to all you folks! Talk about a great last day, picked up a '54 L a '61 LI, brush hog, sickle bar, tool holder cultivator, Brinly cultivator, and Brinly turn plow- $200 :fing32:

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Hey Don, pictures?

I didn't mow today, but I put the 60" and two 50" decks on pallets and on the rack. I got the 40" kidney deck on the hoist and will power wash the bottom tomorrow. I pulled the MA210 off the rack and will install it on the 5260 after I get the tractor serviced. I'll service the Pro10 with the snow blade and I'll be ready for snow. The 44" stays on the rack until the big stuff gets predicted.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Don, pictures?

I didn't mow today, but I put the 60" and two 50" decks on pallets and on the rack. I got the 40" kidney deck on the hoist and will power wash the bottom tomorrow. I pulled the MA210 off the rack and will install it on the 5260 after I get the tractor serviced. I'll service the Pro10 with the snow blade and I'll be ready for snow. The 44" stays on the rack until the big stuff gets predicted.
You asked. Before picture and 2 current ones.

Attachments

·
Active member, now deceased, but not forgotten.
4,149 Posts
Looking good Don - Happy New Year to all.

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,783 Posts
Hey Don, pictures?

Ron don't you think in the next year or two you'll have enough tractors that you just switch fleets for winter months vs mowing months? I think you told me once to get a tractor or two for every attachment... I'm always baffled you have to switch attachments! Maybe this is one of those "Do as I say things...":trink39:

(Sorry but I just had to pick at you... I can't imagine keeping 20+ tractors running at once.)

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Ron don't you think in the next year or two you'll have enough tractors that you just switch fleets for winter months vs mowing months? I think you told me once to get a tractor or two for every attachment... I'm always baffled you have to switch attachments! Maybe this is one of those "Do as I say things...":trink39:

(Sorry but I just had to pick at you... I can't imagine keeping 20+ tractors running at once.)
It's the "storage space" issue. I don't have enough floor space to keep all of the tractors with attachments at the same time. If I leave them out side, I find I'm rebuilding carbs and mags every year.

I need an old Walmart building......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.