My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
TE Forum Contributor
408 Posts
Nice. I really dig the colors from the tree. What kind of tree is it?

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Great pic! I think I might get one more then I done too.:crybaby:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I won't be done with leaf cleanup until the end of Nov. Great pic with the background. slkpk

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I know I wish it was last cut here, have to got to first week in november in CNY, otherwise you get a matted mess in spring... :)

good for you though and sweet colors!

·
Super Moderator
16,690 Posts
I know I wish it was last cut here, have to got to first week in november in CNY, otherwise you get a matted mess in spring... :)

good for you though and sweet colors!

Boy 70 Miles north of You(Fort Drum) Watertown Area I would done Cutting the Grass by the 15th of this Month and Getting ready for snow By Halloween:thThumbsU

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Boy 70 Miles north of You(Fort Drum) Watertown Area I would done Cutting the Grass by the 15th of this Month and Getting ready for snow By Halloween:thThumbsU
And the college kids would be hanging their gallons of hard cider out the dorm window to make the 1st apple jack of the year:drunkie:

·
Super Moderator
33,821 Posts
Nice picture! Our trees were beautiful YESTERDAY! The front last night came in with pretty good wind and most of the leaves are already off today!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
My grass is still green and growing here. In fact it looks better than it has all season.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here in southern Indiana we will still be mowing/mulching for another 3-4 weeks. We have had some near 80 degree days but that is about over.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I still think there is a few cuttings left here in Northeast Wisconsin. My grass is nice and green yet.

·
Registered
869 Posts
It always seems like I'm rushing to get the last mow, last leaf blowing done and then swapping out for the plow or tuning up the snowblower in the same weekend, some times the same day.

Could be worse I suppose. I've had to polish & wax a few snow shovels in my life so . . .

·
Premium Member
9,805 Posts
Well, the grass may stop growing (it hasn't yet), but my oaks will stubbornly hold onto their leaves for another 3-4 weeks. So the Craftsman with bagger will be on leaf duty until about mid-November. Then the snowblower goes on.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Grass has been slowing down a bit, but I still have to cut it every week. We had one very light frost here about 2 weeks ago, then warmer weather came back in again. I even overseeded the front lawn last Sunday just to be sure it will take before the killing frost hits and shuts everything down. No tree color yet, and I don't think we'll have any this year with as wet as it's been. :(

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I hope that grass is still growing in PA. I just overseeded last weekend. :praying:

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I think I made my last cut about a week ago. There might be some spots I have to cut again (different grass type). Other than that I am ready for the battle of the leaves. I had to wait till December last year to start on them. Every time I could get to them it snowed.:madpc:

·
Blank Space
3,038 Posts
I should be good for another 2-3 cuts. Most of the leaves blow off the hill, but a few hang around to get cut up by the mower.

The big job comes after the first frost or two when the blackberries and other taller weeds go dormant and fall over and the bugs aren't active. That's when I pull out the Beast Brush Mower and tackle the areas that get left wild all summer. Way too hot and buggy to deal with all that normally.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts