My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you all seen the bidding on the rear PTO (18094) accessory for the later Large Frames on eBay? It does include an NOS driveshaft, but really!! I may have to start storing mine in the house instead of in the shed!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Wow .. And I was thinking that it maybe the guy in SC with all the golden bolens stuff, that was selling it starting at $1000 .. boy was I wrong

Doug .. I'll give you $500 for yours :D:D

Current bid: US $1,476.00 :Stop:

Looks like two FOOLS bidding against each other :fing32: Bet the seller is HAPPY

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
What in th world would you run with it? Looks like it takes up the entire rear of the tractor ? I could see someone trying to run their hay baler to bale up loose hay with it... NOT...Might work for a tow behind seed caster that is pto driven? But most of those are Cat 1 3 point hitched.... Don't see much use for it , especially for $1500 YoWW.. You can buy an old Ford 8N for that kind of $$.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
All I would have to do it see the internal works of that and I would be on the milling machine so fast it would scare the average person. Are they gear to gear or chain and gear?

·
Registered
526 Posts
wow, $1680 final bid! is there still room with that mounted to hang a 3pt hitch?

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I would say no 3PTH with that on. It has to use axle holes for mounting of it.
Any guess what one would have cost when they first hit the market back when.

·
5,525 Posts

·
5,525 Posts
Doug are you going to sell yours now? lol

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Wow. It went for more money than I paid for ALL my tube frames and tube frame attachments. What is it even used for? It deems like there are not many uses...

Jason

·
Registered
194 Posts
Theirs a guy not to far from me that has a HT 20 with that rear pto on it . He runs a 60" finish mower on the back. I haven't seen it but he called me wanting to sell the complete set up for 1600. I was told by other lookers that the tins were rough/ratty. Tractor over all was in fair condition. I wasn't interested so I didn't pursue it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
WOW!!! That's more then what i paid for the ht23 i just picked up.I would of liked to have it but not at that price.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All I would have to do it see the internal works of that and I would be on the milling machine so fast it would scare the average person. Are they gear to gear or chain and gear?
They are gear to gear.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Doug are you going to sell yours now? lol
I think the bidders with deep pockets are tapped out now,so I would probably not get squat for mine, 'cause that would be my luck.

I have heard that they were intended to run things like grain augers, so the farmer did not have to tie up a field tractor for that duty during harvest.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I would say no 3PTH with that on. It has to use axle holes for mounting of it.
Any guess what one would have cost when they first hit the market back when.
I have a book somewhere and i belive it was around $200.back in the late 80's

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I paid close to $300 when I bought my NOS unit several years ago, and I thought at the time it might be a bit steep, but I guess not.

Maybe I should list mine for sale at $1500, and call it a discounted price!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
They made two different RPM units didn't they?

·
Registered
406 Posts
For that kind of cash i would think you could have one made at a machine shop.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts