My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Have Dog - Will Travel
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 12 years ago we had some landscaping of the beds along the front of our house done as part of some remodeling we were completing. Well, I admit I'm not much of a landscape maintenance guy, and much of the shrubbery have become overgrown, in several cases blocking the lower window view for our key lawn watch expert.

This is our before picture:

Plant Building Window Sky Tree

So, we reviewed our options, and with guidance from my wife who understands what pace I might work on a project I am not terribly interested in - we brought in a young man who did the hardscaping in the back of our house. We weren't in a rush, and expected to be away for most of June on a Danube River Cruise that we ultimately postponed till 2023. So, today was the day they came and brought in the full landscape army.

When they start unloading their tools and it looks like this:

Plant Window Tree Land lot House

And this:

Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Tree Asphalt

I figured it was time to launch the drone and just watch the action:

This video was made by me, so I get all the credit, and the blame. I had to reload software, remember my sign-on to the DJI app, re-learn how to fly it, and remember to hold steady while filming.

Anyway, This 2:50 video starts with a pass across the front before, then a quick view of that excavator with the thumb pulling all the overgrown stuff. Then a trip into the woods to find a couple perfect sized landscape boulders (ok, maybe just big rocks). I figure I won't have any of them dying on me. Followed by a swarm of planters, walkway re-leveling, brick cleaning, then relaying them. Then it was fresh landscape barrier, fresh mulch, and polymeric sand for the bricks. And finally a flyby of the finished product.

Time from first truck arrival to last truck departure - 4 hours! Even on a fixed income, this was a project I appreciated someone else delivering.

Super Moderator
The job came out great...I don't think you will have to worry about weeds with the way they laid in that membrane under the mulch...good work with the photography.....flying the drone does get nerve wracking when you have not flown for a while ...at least you did remember to hit "record" 馃榿

Premium Member
Jere,

Looks good, I'd say they plan their work and work their plan.

CCMoe

Reactions: Jere39

Have Dog - Will Travel
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was a little scared that he was going to curl that rock right into the cylinder馃槓..can you imagine 3 or 4 guys with pry bars trying to roll that out of the woods and into position?
I cannot - especially if I was one of those 3 or 4. Without the grapple on my x728, our little Inukshuk project was just about the extent of my manual rock relocation capacity:

Plant Tree Bedrock Natural landscape Trunk

Registered
Very nice Jere. (y) :cool:

All the new houses around here have the same issue. When they landscape for sale, they put bushes/shrubs/trees way to close to the house. Looks good for 5 years and then they are way to close to the house and quickly get overgrown.

Super Moderator
About 12 years ago we had some landscaping of the beds along the front of our house done as part of some remodeling we were completing. Well, I admit I'm not much of a landscape maintenance guy, and much of the shrubbery have become overgrown, in several cases blocking the lower window view for our key lawn watch expert.

This is our before picture:

View attachment 2556519

So, we reviewed our options, and with guidance from my wife who understands what pace I might work on a project I am not terribly interested in - we brought in a young man who did the hardscaping in the back of our house. We weren't in a rush, and expected to be away for most of June on a Danube River Cruise that we ultimately postponed till 2023. So, today was the day they came and brought in the full landscape army.

When they start unloading their tools and it looks like this:

View attachment 2556518

And this:

View attachment 2556520

I figured it was time to launch the drone and just watch the action:

This video was made by me, so I get all the credit, and the blame. I had to reload software, remember my sign-on to the DJI app, re-learn how to fly it, and remember to hold steady while filming.

Anyway, This 2:50 video starts with a pass across the front before, then a quick view of that excavator with the thumb pulling all the overgrown stuff. Then a trip into the woods to find a couple perfect sized landscape boulders (ok, maybe just big rocks). I figure I won't have any of them dying on me. Followed by a swarm of planters, walkway re-leveling, brick cleaning, then relaying them. Then it was fresh landscape barrier, fresh mulch, and polymeric sand for the bricks. And finally a flyby of the finished product.

Time from first truck arrival to last truck departure - 4 hours! Even on a fixed income, this was a project I appreciated someone else delivering.
/??////////////////
Them boys came loaded up--going to be rocking/rolling there-Jere. I see projects done like that her abouts--it would have taken me two months-r never. Call in the experts--and hope that nowadays--someone knowledgeable even shows up.glenn

Reactions: Jere39

Have Dog - Will Travel
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I liked it before, put it back! 馃ぃ Very nice Jere, nice use of local rocks in the plan too. Did they come out prior to find them? It sorta looked like there was an orange X on the one being curled into the bucket.
I found the rocks and marked them with mini cones my son used about 30 years ago for soccer drills. I actually marked a couple extra since I never saw the mini-ex before yesterday and wasn't sure he could get to my prime targets. The excavator had no problem with my firewood paths, and the straight runs off them to make the collection.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts